Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:42 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Are you kidding me? Given how rare nice days are, I always make a lot of a nice day on rare occasions when it happens!
Andy I take it you haven't left your cave lately have you? The weather is very warm all over the bay right now perhaps except right at the immediate beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
It was absolutely gorgeous yesterday in the Outer Sunset. It was so bright, sunny, and warm that it reminded me of San Diego
I didn't move away from there to be reminded of it

Old 09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Andy I take it you haven't left your cave lately have you? The weather is very warm all over the bay right now perhaps except right at the immediate beach.
It's been in the 70s and sunny in the sunset for the past few days, and that's andy's domain, yet he still complains...I'm beginning to think that he may not be a genuine troll, and simply is depressed and/or works inside all day in a windowless cubicle (thus misses so much of the good weather that we do get...and evenings and mornings--the commute time--is when fog is most likely, which could affect such a person's perception of the reality of SF's weather patterns). Or he's just an extreme pessimist, or he literally can't handle sub-80 degree weather no matter what, in which case I don't what he was thinking moving to coastal California in the first place.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,076,984 times
My apartment...so...hot...ugh.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
My apartment...so...hot...ugh.
Me too. It's always 10 degrees warmer in my place than outdoors, so when the temperatures hit 70 or above, it sucks to be inside my own home (like today, was damn near 90 inside), unless i leave all the windows open...but opening windows doesn't always help that much and then i also get mosquitoes at night from neighboring backyards (no window screens in the big city! Of course I live in a part that actually has mosquitoes ). Sometimes we just can't win with these vintage buildings in a place where architects and landlords apparently believe that it never gets hot lol. Some AC would kick ass right about now.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,533 times
No need for so many hypothesis about what I think! The past couple of day have been nice..even in the sunset. But you know very well this is one of those exceptions that happens 10 days a year. Nevertheless, unlike you I am having fun outdoors all day long instead of wasting time on this forum-

Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Me too. It's always 10 degrees warmer in my place than outdoors, so when the temperatures hit 70 or above, it sucks to be inside my own home (like today, was damn near 90 inside), unless i leave all the windows open...but opening windows doesn't always help that much and then i also get mosquitoes at night from neighboring backyards (no window screens in the big city! Of course I live in a part that actually has mosquitoes ). Sometimes we just can't win with these vintage buildings in a place where architects and landlords apparently believe that it never gets hot lol. Some AC would kick ass right about now.
Me three! It is torture. I know I have 3 days post heatwave to deal with the heat.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,076,984 times
And this isn't even that bad, last August or September it was 100 for a couple days. That was rough.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
Quote:
But you know very well this is one of those exceptions that happens 10 days a year.
Weren't you the one that said "Indian Summer" was a complete myth and that it's ALWAYS foggy and cold in Western SF?

Old 09-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Me three! It is torture. I know I have 3 days post heatwave to deal with the heat.
Me four! I make sure I spend most of my time outside of my place which isn't too hard. I went to both the Berkeley and Emeryville marinas yesterday and the breeze was wonderful in the afternoon. Currently, I'm chilling inside a coffee place in Rockridge as I once again take care of business first before play later.

Be glad when the heat wave is over though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland