U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 AM

12,922 posts, read 11,114,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh puhleeze.

Anyone would get defensive when their entire race's motivations for something as personal as choice of spouse is generalized and questioned by people who dont even know them.
Wish I could rep you for this as it is extremely well put!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,625,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer View Post
Asian women get very defensive when they are confronted about their self hate/white man worship. Case in point, the post above.
Let me guess, you're the one black guy that Asian women aren't "curious" about, likes to bully and demean women, jealous of white men and have the arrogance to think you know how other people think.

Don't be angry or defensive now

Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM

6,919 posts, read 6,882,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
With few exceptions, any city with a large black population is going to have racial tensions. In case you missed American History during high school, the overwhelming majority of violence and discrimination in America has been directed towards African Americans (i.e., lynchings, slavery, Jim Crow). African Americans are also the most stigmatized of any race. There's actually a "white flight" study that shows that white people move away once a neighborhood is comprised of a certain percentage of blacks; the same is not true of Asians, however, since people have never really thought of them as violent criminals who tank property values. Los Angeles, NYC, and Chicago all have large black populations. The Bay Area does not. Portland does not. Seattle does not. Those cities love to pat themselves on the back for their race-relations, but they've never really had to grapple with the issue of racism (i.e., dealing with black people) like other cities have. If you could take all of the black people in DC, Prince George's County, and Baltimore City and put them in the Bay Area, I guarantee you the picture would not be so rosy.
In case you also missed American History during high school, the quintessential black power movement that opposed the racial violence and discrimination you just mentioned was founded in the Bay Area. Do you really believe that the place where the Black Panthers were started didn't have racial tensions between blacks and whites? It's pretty obvious you know nothing about the Bay Area to make a comment like that. If you think race relations here were always rosy, pick up the history book you just mentioned. Look up Earl Warren and the KKK. Look up Brian Copeland and San Leandro. (Since you don't seem to know much about it) look up Huey P. Newton and the Black Panthers. And while you're at it, look up Cesar Chavez and UFW. Look up Japanese Internment. The Bay Area is not the way it is because there was never any conflict, it's the way it is because of the conflict...

Old 11-16-2011, 11:50 AM

941 posts, read 1,271,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Let me guess, you're the one black guy that Asian women aren't "curious" about, likes to bully and demean women, jealous of white men.....
You've betrayed your real underlying beliefs by saying he was "jealous of white men". It's as if saying "Ha ha ha, you can never have me, only white men have that privilege and your just jealous".

And its exactly the type of bizarre belief system that he's referring to. Your kinda proving his point.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,625,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
You've betrayed your real underlying beliefs by saying he was "jealous of white men". It's as if saying "Ha ha ha, you can never have me, only white men have that privilege and your just jealous".

And its exactly the type of bizarre belief system that he's referring to. Your kinda proving his point.
My sarcasm has totally escaped you.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM

6,919 posts, read 6,882,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post

While obviously I'm not an Asian girl, I can speak from knowing quite a few blasian kids that it's not that uncommon. And if you want to talk about having a pro-white complex, every race on the planet has one of those. It's the way history unfolded...

Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
My sarcasm has totally escaped you.
There was no "sarcasm" in that comment.

If so, prove it.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
While obviously I'm not an Asian girl, I can speak from knowing quite a few blasian kids that it's not that uncommon. And if you want to talk about having a pro-white complex, every race on the planet has one of those. It's the way history unfolded...
Its far less common than you would otherwise be led to believe by seeing a few "blasian" kids here and there.

Lots of women in the Bay Area seem to display this bizarre and irrational preference for white men. Particularly in SF. In many cases it doesn't matter how charismatic or rich you are.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM

9 posts, read 8,015 times
Let me give an Asian Male perspective. To deny or pretend like Asian women don't chase after white men is silly and absurd. Don't give me the marriage stat either, as if marriage is the end all proof to the numbers. Dating wise? It's a HUGE amount of Asian Women and White Males. The problem is that it's overwhelmingly White males with Asian women. It's not like it goes both ways which is why it's a topic always discussed. I went to NYU and even back east it's a huge phenomenon and it's an open joke that Jewish men lust after Asian women and vice versa. My sister is one of these self hating women, along with most of her friends. Their excuse will be, Ohhh it's because they are not as shy as Asian men. Oh I like how tall they are etc. Then when you follow up with, oh really? So what about all the other groups of NON white men who may fit that category, i.e. Latinos, Blacks, etc etc. It's always ohhh I'm not attracted to them. They want to have hapa babies and show off their round eye white looking children to all their self hating friends. P.S. I'm dating an Asian woman before any of you say I'm jealous or something silly.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM

30,851 posts, read 19,139,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
In case you also missed American History during high school, the quintessential black power movement that opposed the racial violence and discrimination you just mentioned was founded in the Bay Area. Do you really believe that the place where the Black Panthers were started didn't have racial tensions between blacks and whites? It's pretty obvious you know nothing about the Bay Area to make a comment like that. If you think race relations here were always rosy, pick up the history book you just mentioned. Look up Earl Warren and the KKK. Look up Brian Copeland and San Leandro. (Since you don't seem to know much about it) look up Huey P. Newton and the Black Panthers. And while you're at it, look up Cesar Chavez and UFW. Look up Japanese Internment. The Bay Area is not the way it is because there was never any conflict, it's the way it is because of the conflict...
Good post.

I'd go so far as to guess that the biggest tensions in SF have shifted to being more BETWEEN "protected classes" than anything but that's not unique to SF.

Especially when you get to the younger generations it's not too hard to find people doing\saying things offensive to gays, blacks, asians etc. and the hiding behing the old "well I'm a minority so I can't be racist."

The Koreans I knew in college were incredibly racist....especially towards blacks...but that's not a shocker to anyone that has spent anytime in SK.

The FBI hate crime stats are interesting to look at also. It's just not your stereotypical skinhead or cletus mcwhitebread in a pickup anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland