U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM

330 posts, read 587,163 times

Advertisements

In addition to the bigger corporate crowd (and bigger pockets) an SF arena would bring, I'd imagine you'd also get a bit of a bump in demand for tickets from tourists, as well.

How big this bump would be, I have no idea....but given how many thousands of tourists are always staying in SF, I imagine a lot of them would be interested in catching a game while in town. I know when I travel I always try to catch a game in the local arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 PM

5,242 posts, read 10,472,997 times
lol @ anyone thinking that fans at Warriors games are all ghetto thugs or whatever just because the Coliseum is in a crappy location. When I went it was pretty much all upper middle class families and kids who were all dressed up. Nothing like the actual ghetto thug scene you see at any Giants game in (dun dun dun) San Francisco.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM

24,978 posts, read 24,775,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
lol @ anyone thinking that fans at Warriors games are all ghetto thugs or whatever just because the Coliseum is in a crappy location. When I went it was pretty much all upper middle class families and kids who were all dressed up. Nothing like the actual ghetto thug scene you see at any Giants game in (dun dun dun) San Francisco.
I have a few friends who work in companies with box seats. Mainly professional service companies. Their offices are all over the place, from Oakland to San Jose to San Ramon.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:30 AM

330 posts, read 587,163 times
Seeking free-agent love, Warriors flirt with S.F.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM

367 posts, read 669,459 times
unfortunately, i think its inevitable Oakland will lose both The Warriors and the A's. May not happen this year or next year, but eventually both will move out of oakland.

It will definitely be a blow to the ego of Oakland, but not sure of the long term economic effects. I just dont think the city of Oakland can get or should get its act together to keep these teams.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:15 AM

4,577 posts, read 7,128,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Thug scene at giants games? East bay people can't make up their minds. First giants games are filled with a bunch of wine sipping yuppies who are glued to Ipads, now its a ghetto thug scene like Oakland A's games. Hmmm make up your minds east bay people, which is it?

Old 12-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Thug scene at giants games? East bay people can't make up their minds. First giants games are filled with a bunch of wine sipping yuppies who are glued to Ipads, now its a ghetto thug scene like Oakland A's games. Hmmm make up your minds east bay people, which is it?
It all depends on where you sit. All of the A's games are full of empty seats.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 PM

4,577 posts, read 7,128,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It all depends on where you sit. All of the A's games are full of empty seats.
Maybe in Oakland, but if you think Giants fans are thugs, you've probably never been to a Giants game.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Maybe in Oakland, but if you think Giants fans are thugs, you've probably never been to a Giants game.
I don't think that's the case, but I have managed to score with good seats every time I have been to PacBell Park.

Granted I haven't seen the thugs at As games either, but I have only been to a 2 or 3 A's games.

Dodgers or 49ers games on the other hand.....

Old 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM

12,673 posts, read 19,353,347 times
Warriors are from SF but they just play in Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland