Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 PM

313 posts, read 676,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Funny, because I was born and raised in SF too.

But i guess i can play the game like he does. Here it goes: Hong Kong has never been an outgoing place! (you know, since apparently we're generalizing entire cities, over the course of their entire histories, using human personality traits...)
Well being born and raised someplace gives you insight especialy on native folk I've live in other states when you can look from an outside perspective you can compare and from my travels the San Francisco natives for the most part are LAME! sorry and if it does not apply to you then it does'nt and thats good

Last edited by d-iron; 08-26-2009 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 PM

63 posts, read 161,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann304 View Post
I live in Chicago which is much much more bigger than SF but i hear its like a NYC if your walking around its downtown.

Is SF considered the Manattan of the west?

And i think its overrated cuz people make it out to be bigger than what i really is.

ANd i hear alot of tech jargin about Apple and Sony. Is SF the tech showcase capital or San Jose cuz when ever i hear a tech related broadcast on TV SF is usally in the location talked about.

Being from the Chicago area, I can tell you Chicago is "much more bigger" but apparently the school system still sucks Moderator cut: Swearing.
San Francisco is not considered the Manhatten of the west. It's considered the most European style city in America. You think it's overrated why again? Because people make it out to be big? Who are these people?? I will beat them up for you and give you dere lunch money.

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-27-2009 at 11:37 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 12:53 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
Well being born and raised someplace gives you insight especialy on native folk I've live in other states when you can look from an outside perspective you can compare and from my travels the San Francisco natives for the most part are LAME! sorry and if it does not apply to you then it does'nt and thats good
Man you're not even from here, you can't even spell properly. You're just claiming to be so you can sound like you have the right to criticize the natives. You're obviously hell bent on bashing actual native San Franciscans, so I imagine that you're some transplant that lived here temporarily and was not accepted among the native population, so you moved to Chicago and now feel like striking back. Sound about right?

If you're actually from here though, what schools did you go to? And what years? What high school did you graduate from.....*ahem* sorry, that was a low blow.....what high school did you attend? I'd like to hear some details on your life here before I'd even consider buying what you claim here. And more than what you can just list after looking up classmates.com. If you're from SF, then prove it.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 AM

94 posts, read 213,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Man you're not even from here, you can't even spell properly. You're just claiming to be so you can sound like you have the right to criticize the natives. You're obviously hell bent on bashing actual native San Franciscans, so I imagine that you're some transplant that lived here temporarily and was not accepted among the native population, so you moved to Chicago and now feel like striking back. Sound about right?

If you're actually from here though, what schools did you go to? And what years? What high school did you graduate from.....*ahem* sorry, that was a low blow.....what high school did you attend? I'd like to hear some details on your life here before I'd even consider buying what you claim here. And more than what you can just list after looking up classmates.com. If you're from SF, then prove it.
Um, or you just can't handle the truth?

How about an argument that's better than, WELL YOU MUST BE LYING ABOUT BEING BORN AND RAISED IN SF?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:52 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,478,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superqtip182 View Post

How about an argument that's better than, WELL YOU MUST BE LYING ABOUT BEING BORN AND RAISED IN SF?

Surely if someone was born and raised in SF, and they are using that as a platform to discredit the place. Then they should know in-depth the landmarks, schools, and businesses that were open/closed during their life.... something to corroborate their claim?

That's not too much to ask.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 PM

94 posts, read 213,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Surely if someone was born and raised in SF, and they are using that as a platform to discredit the place. Then they should know in-depth the landmarks, schools, and businesses that were open/closed during their life.... something to corroborate their claim?

This is the first time you've requested him to.

I'm sorry but the fact that you can't just take his word for it only leads me to believe that you're just pissed because he's a native dissing other natives. He's probably from SF and you're just going to have to get over that.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 PM

313 posts, read 676,183 times
Quote:

Oh this one is going to nail it remember in the early 80's Firefighters gave those stickers to kids to display on their windows so if a fire broke out they would know where they were

Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,876,992 times
Okay everyone... please calm down and stop bickering, or I'll have to shut this thread.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:

Or maybe you're just too stubborn to entertain the possibility?

He's generalizing SF natives here, which is my entire family and most everyone I hold dear, by insulting the region. He also seemed illiterate, and so hateful of the region (look at how many posts he has trying to bash the place) that I wasn't simply buying what he had to say b/c he claimed to be a native. That claim allows him to act like he has the right to hate on the rest of us. So please remove the stick from your rear. I was checking him b/c he sounded more like a liar than an actual native. Deal with it. Unless YOU just can't handle it?

Quote:
This is the first time you've requested him to.

I'm sorry but the fact that you can't just take his word for it only leads me to believe that you're just pissed because he's a native dissing other natives. He's probably from SF and you're just going to have to get over that.
This is the first time I've spoken to him. I just read a bunch of his offensive crap and I doubted he's a native. I have every right/reason to have my doubts. His bitterness doesn't make sense. Some people are sellouts, but he goes beyond that with his hostility. And you jumping to his rescue the way you have makes me think you're a hater too. So go somewhere with that. Smh.

Why are YOU so convinced he's telling the truth?? He's only been talking trash from what I've seen, so what about that makes you such an ally of his, huh? He could be from here originally, but he also could be lying. So I asked that he prove that he's from here. I didn't say there was no possible way he's from here. I just asked him to prove it. You've got issues man.

Last edited by jman650; 08-28-2009 at 06:20 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Thank you, that's all I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland