U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 04:04 PM

2,518 posts, read 3,027,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my friend katie didnt do nothing-- a pretty white girl from austria, but they still beat her dragged her out of the laundry mat (right off lake merritt) and tried to stuff her in the car so they could gang rape her. as far as i could tell her only provocation was being white and pretty.
she moved after she got out of the hospital
oakland is good but the people there need to take care of the dirty laundry.
oh i almost forgot, please stop the parades and cheering when police are murdered.
How in the world did she escape? Absolutely frightening story.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 PM

35 posts, read 34,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
"the only reason people act like they are afraid of oakland is racism"
imho i like oakland--- right next door to the city of brotherly love
but when the sheep huddle the wolves think its discrimination.
my friend katie didnt do nothing-- a pretty white girl from austria, but they still beat her dragged her out of the laundry mat (right off lake merritt) and tried to stuff her in the car so they could gang rape her. as far as i could tell her only provocation was being white and pretty.
she moved after she got out of the hospital
oakland is good but the people there need to take care of the dirty laundry.
oh i almost forgot, please stop the parades and cheering when police are murdered.
Yes because the rapists attacked her for begin white and pretty, this sounds like some crap from 1960s Mississippi. Of course black women don't get raped, there are only black rapists and they rape poor innocent white women because they are white. Nice exaggeration. Parades and cheering of the Police who were Murdered . What a ridiculous bunch of crap.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
I've been in the Bay for 20+ years, even lived through the earthquake while watching the Giants-A's, and Oakland has ALWAYS had the reputation of being full of crime.

Either the people complaining about Oakland's crime rep are young (sub-25), or they just like to complain. It's like complaining that Market St in S.F smells like pee.. well, that's been the case for decades!
I spent my whole life here. Born and raised in San Francisco, lived in San Jose on the east side border. Currently live in Oakland, first lake merritt now millsmont.

I've always tried to use common sense. Be aware of your surroundings. If your alone at night, jogging around with your iphone you're gonna get jumped.

Walk 5 blocks away from the white house in D.C. and there's a ghetto.
That's life. If you grew up in an entitlement bubble and moved out here reality is going to hit pretty hard.

I get irritated when people talk smack about oakland and when I ask where they grew up , it's always the same answer. smallville , nebraska.

I'd rather have people read the stats and not move here. It keeps the affordability level reasonable.

So propagate the myth-
Surfing sucks, don't try it.
Oakland is the armpit of America, please don't live here.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 PM

There's a reason why it's affordable. Keep that in mind.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM

284 posts, read 342,178 times
well its less affordable than Walnut Creek, Castro Valley, and Danville. its really only less expensive than San Francisco.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 PM

9,197 posts, read 12,423,362 times
We're not going to get back on this merry-go-round again, are we?

Some people are chicken**** about Oakland, some aren't. That's it.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:31 PM

20 posts, read 17,812 times
OK, just to clear up the facts. Am not underwater in Oakland house and did not use house like a piggy bank. Actually had a 15 yr mortgage for first 8 yrs of owning. Felt we had to stay because hubby's aged parent still alive nearby and they refuse to relocate, this situation will change in next few yrs. I'm not calling anyone racist, understand folks of any race can be criminals. However, term racist thrown around so much now believe it has lost any meaning. Found Oakland a lot more fun when younger, hate seeing my neighbors robbed, etc. and feel we would be sitting ducks to crime to stay here as senior citizens. Don't understand folks who deny Oakland is a dangerous place, how can we ever fix crime problem if we can't even admit we have one?

Old 05-27-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappedincalifornia View Post
OK, just to clear up the facts. Am not underwater in Oakland house and did not use house like a piggy bank. Actually had a 15 yr mortgage for first 8 yrs of owning. Felt we had to stay because hubby's aged parent still alive nearby and they refuse to relocate, this situation will change in next few yrs. I'm not calling anyone racist, understand folks of any race can be criminals. However, term racist thrown around so much now believe it has lost any meaning. Found Oakland a lot more fun when younger, hate seeing my neighbors robbed, etc. and feel we would be sitting ducks to crime to stay here as senior citizens. Don't understand folks who deny Oakland is a dangerous place, how can we ever fix crime problem if we can't even admit we have one?
For people who aren't Oakland boosters, this has been the point we've been making for at least the past few months.

Doesn't matter, be prepared to be called moron, idiot, racist, or black people hater. It's coming soon.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 PM

9,197 posts, read 12,423,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappedincalifornia View Post
Don't understand folks who deny Oakland is a dangerous place, how can we ever fix crime problem if we can't even admit we have one?
We can start by identifying which specific areas in Oakland are the dangerous ones, and which aren't.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 PM

24,974 posts, read 24,775,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
We can start by identifying which specific areas in Oakland are the dangerous ones, and which aren't.
It is way easier to say that all 60 square miles are equally dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland