Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 AM

341 posts, read 899,961 times

Advertisements

Jesus Christ. I suggest the urban members on this forum to grow a thicker skin and get over it. It is not racist to call Oakland dangerous because it is. It ranked in the goddamn top 10 for the most dangerous cities in the freaking United States of America. It is the urban way though to coddle and act as if there is nothing wrong with guns, rape, murder, stabbings, and robbery. There is nothing really to expect from its residents besides failure and more failure.

Oakland In Top 10 Dangerous List | NBC Bay Area

"Oakland made the top ten most dangerous cities in the States, coming in at number six."

Gems that ranked above Oakland - Detroit, Flint, and St. Louis.

Grow a thicker skin and get OVER yourselves!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 AM

36,625 posts, read 67,140,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
Jesus Christ. I suggest the urban members on this forum to grow a thicker skin and get over it. It is not racist to call Oakland dangerous because it is. It ranked in the goddamn top 10 for the most dangerous cities in the freaking United States of America. It is the urban way though to coddle and act as if there is nothing wrong with guns, rape, murder, stabbings, and robbery. There is nothing really to expect from its residents besides failure and more failure.

Oakland In Top 10 Dangerous List | NBC Bay Area

"Oakland made the top ten most dangerous cities in the States, coming in at number six."

Gems that ranked above Oakland - Detroit, Flint, and St. Louis.

Grow a thicker skin and get OVER yourselves!
You appear to be getting a little too emotional over the fact that people disagree with you. LOL.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM

341 posts, read 899,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You appear to be getting a little too emotional over the fact that people disagree with you. LOL.
The only people who disagree with me are the ones that find urban slums appealing. They like the shootings, robberies, and murder. It adds to the "realness" department for them.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,380,777 times
Quote:
The only people who disagree with me are the ones that find urban slums appealing. They like the shootings, robberies, and murder. It adds to the "realness" department for them.
Obviously you don't know Oakland...

Anyone with any real knowledge knows Oakland is anything but an urban slum.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM

15 posts, read 45,611 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ. I suggest the urban members on this forum to grow a thicker skin and get over it. It is not racist to call Oakland dangerous because it is. It ranked in the goddamn top 10 for the most dangerous cities in the freaking United States of America.
City rankings are idiotic.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,691,595 times
Quote:
No people disagree with you because you are using a narrow brush to paint an entire city. It seems like you have a hard differentiating between some <insert noun here> and all <insert noun here>.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 PM

70 posts, read 130,658 times
Quote:
The only people who disagree with me are the ones that.. like the shootings, robberies, and murder.
You must be used to the people around you being fans of murder

Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 AM

8 posts, read 35,879 times
i think it is time to stop BS. yeah we get it ...there are good and bad parts of any city. however, it is not exactly that 5 blocks are bad. more like 70% of oakland's entire area is considered unsafe. go plot robberies and murders on crimemapping.com and see what you get. their software can plot 800 crimes and if you just go back 1 month the software can't keep up.

here is a map of oakland's murders in just last 6 months. now visualize how would map look like just 4-5 years back. almost every block and every corner would have a crime scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Rant: Tired of people asking if it's safe in Oakland-untitled.png  

Old 01-22-2012, 10:17 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,673,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Incognito| View Post
i think it is time to stop BS. yeah we get it ...there are good and bad parts of any city. however, it is not exactly that 5 blocks are bad. more like 70% of oakland's entire area is considered unsafe. go plot robberies and murders on crimemapping.com and see what you get. their software can plot 800 crimes and if you just go back 1 month the software can't keep up.

here is a map of oakland's murders in just last 6 months. now visualize how would map look like just 4-5 years back. almost every block and every corner would have a crime scene.

No, you don't get it. Even within the so-called "killing fields", Oakland remains a city of individual and defined neighborhoods where crossing a street from one to the other literally changes the socioeconomics of where you're standing. That you use a map that clearly shows the murders are centralized in certain neighborhoods (with the exception of Downtown) to make the claim that "70% of Oakland's entire area is considered unsafe" demonstrates that you don't get Oakland at all. Your subsequent statement that 4 to five years back "almost every block and every corner would have a crime scene" is not only false but makes it obvious that you've never actually been here.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,399,534 times
Quote:
Or people who engage in critical thinking, unlike you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland