Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Damn, even people in Singapore say "San Fran?" It's an epidemic.
Honestly utilities here are really negligible compared to the cost of rent in your monthly expenses. You don't need air conditioning at all if you're on or near the Bay. If you have a small apartment your monthly electric and gas bill will be maybe $25 to $50 a month depending on how big your place is, a bit more in December through mid-February due to needing to have the heat on in winter--maybe 40% more in December compared with July. Water and garbage pickup is almost always covered by your landlord. Nobody really uses landline phones here much but if you do it's like $10 to $20 a month. Cell phones are like $50 a month for a basic plan, more like $80-$100 a month if you have a smartphone with a hefty data plan. Internet is like $20 to $60 a month depending on what service you have. The only taxes here other than federal taxes are the state income taxes and sales taxes, in most cities around here the sales tax is about 9% I think.
Honestly once you're done paying rent and having enough for food, gas and going out, you won't sweat any of those other expenses.
Here's another one with a bunch of savage youths throwing a woman off a subway platform. This was also an elderly woman. She and the 83 year old man were savagely attacked by the filth in the very same location. Ironic, ain't it?
2. Fillmore District. You'll know which part once you arrive. I suggest not going any further than the shopping strip. Too many wild animals running about in the area.
A teenage girl was just recently shot. A lot of urban youths like to play with guns, knives, and basically create utter chaos in this neighborhood.
- - - -
Anyways, some good neighborhoods I can think about in SF -
1. The Richmond District. I used to live in this area. I paid $1,100 for a one bedroom apartment.
2. The Sunset District
3. I'm not really into the Marina but it's safe.
4. The Castro. My aunt owns a place up in the hills (right by that middle school). Beautiful view! Only thing that sucked was that when I had MetroPCS I could never get a cell signal in the area.
5. I know there are some nice cribs near the baseball stadium.
6. The area around Stonestown Mall. I had an apartment about two blocks away. I paid $1600 a month for a one bedroom.
- - - -
Gas - PG&E cover that
Elec - PG&E covers that
Phone - Usually you can get a package w/ your internet provider.
Cell Phone - I think MetroPCS is not bad. Some think it's sh*t because of the lack of phone options and reception service. Try it though! If you are looking for a cheap and simple plan this is the way to go.
local council Tax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.
Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.