U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM
 
Location: In them thar hills
12,825 posts, read 17,606,607 times
Reputation: 10668

Advertisements

If he really wanted to slam SF he could have decried the Sanctuary City policy.

But let's not go there ... oh no ... he's soft on illegal immigration himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2012, 12:03 AM
 
Location: anywhere but Seattle
1,082 posts, read 1,613,287 times
Reputation: 964
Like I said before, republicans hate Gingrich.
GOP insiders rise up to cut Gingrich down to size - Boston.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 12:10 AM
 
16,444 posts, read 17,183,844 times
Reputation: 9447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
LOL!

Has a fat guy ever become a president of the US?
Taft wasn't exactly thin...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Mountain Ranch, CA & El Pescadero, BCS MX.
6,892 posts, read 17,346,281 times
Reputation: 6189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtoSF View Post
Mitt Romney is my guy, and has been since 2008. But I have been watching the debate and I love how Newt rips the liberal media -- who've clearly been protecting Barack Obama ever since he declared his candidacy.
Liberal media Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,052 posts, read 18,772,451 times
Reputation: 8079
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post

Isn't that cute they use Fox and News together as if it was actually real news...

Well if he can't have his Moon Base, perhaps a waste treatment plant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Police State
1,472 posts, read 1,852,109 times
Reputation: 1225
Newt slamming SF is almost a compliment. Seriously Newt, **** you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Police State
1,472 posts, read 1,852,109 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Isn't that cute they use Fox and News together as if it was actually real news...
I love how we only hold Fox News to a high standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,008 posts, read 19,196,368 times
Reputation: 6128
There is no real news anymore - no newspaper or television news program even tries to be fair and balanced. The "mainstream" media has been liberal for 40 years. It is in fact the propaganda arm of the Democratic party. Conservative news outlets are simply an alternative to the homogenous liberal voiceboxes. They don't claim to be fair and balanced while the liberal newsies do. At least Fox News is honest about what they are. ABC, NBC, and CBS will never tell the truth. They think the American people are dumb. Journalism as a profession has sunk to the depths - it would be nice to see some Journalism instructors teach real research, fact checking, and unbviased reporting. Until then people need to realize that they are going to get biased news no matter where they turn. The only solution is to use their head and separate the wheat from the chaff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 PM
 
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
9,197 posts, read 12,430,525 times
Reputation: 6261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
it would be nice to see some Journalism instructors teach real research, fact checking, and unbviased reporting.
Well, many still do. Even in those horrible bastions of communist indoctrination called universities.

FauxNews, OTOH, unabashedly follows Rupert Murdoch's business plan that emphasizes ratings over facts. Impossible to take seriously any network that features the likes of Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and...Glenn Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
858 posts, read 1,879,488 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There is no real news anymore - no newspaper or television news program even tries to be fair and balanced. The "mainstream" media has been liberal for 40 years. It is in fact the propaganda arm of the Democratic party. Conservative news outlets are simply an alternative to the homogenous liberal voiceboxes. They don't claim to be fair and balanced while the liberal newsies do. At least Fox News is honest about what they are. ABC, NBC, and CBS will never tell the truth. They think the American people are dumb. Journalism as a profession has sunk to the depths - it would be nice to see some Journalism instructors teach real research, fact checking, and unbviased reporting. Until then people need to realize that they are going to get biased news no matter where they turn. The only solution is to use their head and separate the wheat from the chaff.
I disagree. Common sense tells me that if one station is completely different than most stations, it is likely that one station is reporting faux news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top