U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 AM

172 posts, read 205,922 times
Will be interesting to see Manny wearing the white shoes (if he makes it to the big club).
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 14 days ago)

48,969 posts, read 40,391,543 times
not particularly an As fan, but I am glad to see baseball start. There are only 3 sport in our country: Football, baseball and March Madness...

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,328,554 times
Like the Angels can hang with the Rangers...

LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 PM

178 posts, read 151,308 times
Lets Go A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the season to start. I love all the East Bay pro and college teams, but baseball is my favorite, therefore the A's are my diehard #1 team. Lets Go A's. #Jemile Weeks! Our pitching will keep us out of contention, but we won't be as bad as everyone thinks. Our offense and young talent will make the team a lot more watchable this year. Last season, Jemile Weeks was the one reason to keep watching and going to games in the 2nd half of the season (he's great!).

I always look forward to the first radio broadcasts from spring training. Don't those start a week from tommorow?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM

7,472 posts, read 6,382,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
not particularly an As fan, but I am glad to see baseball start. There are only 3 sport in our country: Football, baseball and March Madness...
Soccer. Be there.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:12 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,182,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Like the Angels can hang with the Rangers...

LOLOLOLOLOL
So you're admitting that you don't actually watch the games then? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Last season says hello.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM

5,843 posts, read 3,373,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
I don't see how any A's fan can be optimistic. Beane on the outside comes off as completely clueless, Wolff doesn't even want the team to be here and they just dumped a bunch of talent and received next to nothing in return.

All fine by me since this will mean some easy wins for my Angels.
They received prospects, which they needed to revamp their depleted farm system. The current major league roster showed last year they could not win, and the talents of Gio, Bailey etc were being wasted, so the only option was to overhaul and build for 3-4 years from now.
It's what a team has to do when they don't have $250 million to dump on 1/25th of the roster

Old 02-24-2012, 10:59 AM

I wouldn't call being 10 games behind the Rangers hanging with them, but whatever helps get you through the season

Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,182,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I wouldn't call being 10 games behind the Rangers hanging with them, but whatever helps get you through the season
Yeah, those 10 blown saves by a rookie closer were the difference, hardly speaking to the Rangers "dominance."

The Angels were essentially a rebuilding team that had zero offense and yet they took the AL West race down to the final month. This is why I laugh when people talk about the Rangers owning the AL West, they're actually quite beatable. The Rangers are good, but they're not elite.

The Angels reloaded big time and Pujols will be protected in the lineup by a switch hitting power hitter. They have the best starting lineup in the Majors to go along with the Golden Glove and All-Star players already on the roster. So uh, how are the Angels going to be unable to touch the Rangers again?

Oh that's right, you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM

Your team sat at home during the playoffs, just like the A's...

Good for your team for earning second place in the AL West and missing a wild card spot though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland