Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,140,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
That article is from 2010

Sacramento still doesn't have a pro franchise that's worth a damn, regardless of how crappy the A's attendance record was 3 seasons ago.
The A's were out drawn by the rivercats in April of 2010, according to the article as well as baseballreference.com.

So forgive me for being a math nazi, but that would be less than two years ago-given todays date. Not three seasons ago. Not that it makes any difference as the A's attendance was just as bad in '11 as it was in '10 and '09.

And Sacramento does have a pro franchise that is worth quite a lot -293 million to be exact. That is why a billionare from SF and a billionare from anahiem tried to get the team, even though it was not for sale. And that is why the city is getting a new arena built.

But really I'm not sure why you would even bother trying to harp on the Sac river cats, as that is the A's minor league team.

I'm not really sure why you even bother posting about baseball. As you noted in a thread last year, you do not know anything about the sport and people where you come from are more interested in march madness. So how about you leave baseball talk to the actual fans of the sport? Mmmkaythanksbuhbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:44 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,246,952 times
Oh you mean the venerable Kings who have ZERO championships and haven't been relevant in decade? Tell me, which pork project is funding their new arena again? Oh wait, I don't care. And nobody else in the SAN FRANCISCO forum probably cares either.

Is there anything else you'd like to contribute to the discussion about the Oakland Athletics and their upcoming season, or are you that bored in Sacramento watching the Kings try and win 20 games?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,140,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Oh you mean the venerable Kings who have ZERO championships and haven't been relevant in decade? Tell me, which pork project is funding their new arena again? Oh wait, I don't care. And nobody else in the SAN FRANCISCO forum probably cares either.

Is there anything else you'd like to contribute to the discussion about the Oakland Athletics and their upcoming season, or are you that bored in Sacramento watching the Kings try and win 20 games?

Uh you're the one that brought both sacramento and it's pro franchise up, remember? Or is your short term memory that....short?

How do you think the A's season is going to go? Do you know anything about baseball? Look at your teams WAR dude. Your best postion player as far as offense (coco crisp) has a WAR of 2.1 and they're paying him over 5 million. That's the complete opposite of money ball. And then you factor in your're best pitchers Cahill and Gonzales are gone, who both of course had the highest WAR out of all the pitchers.

The numbers are pretty self explanitory. As another poster pointed out -enjoy your 90-100 loss season. 2011 Oakland Athletics Pitching Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland