U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
 
1,511 posts, read 1,679,783 times
Reputation: 950
Default San Bruno weather

Does San Bruno have any non-foggy areas? I am guessing the parts close to Millbrae might be less foggy. How about the parts of San Bruno between 280 and skyline? How does the fog here compare to say the sunset district in SF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
6,976 posts, read 3,625,762 times
Reputation: 8027
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Does San Bruno have any non-foggy areas? I am guessing the parts close to Millbrae might be less foggy. How about the parts of San Bruno between 280 and skyline? How does the fog here compare to say the sunset district in SF?
I had a friend that bought a house in an area off of Skyline and Berkshire...he said it was the worst decision he had ever made due to the fog issue.

When I first moved to the Bay Area I lived off of San Bruno Ave next to 101. From Jan-May. I did not experience fog but the loud planes from SFO were a real issue for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 06:04 AM
 
Location: East of Seattle, originally from SF Bay Area
12,583 posts, read 13,714,676 times
Reputation: 8220
I grew up in San Bruno, on Jenevein Ave and what is most memorable about the weather is the jet noise and the almost constant winds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
 
Location: San Jose, CA
6,541 posts, read 15,569,647 times
Reputation: 2261
Further west means more fog and wind, and less jet noise. I lived right over the SSF border near El Camino and we got huge doses of all of the above. But I liked it anyway. We hardly ever had our windows closed at any time during the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 04:49 PM
 
417 posts, read 530,919 times
Reputation: 332
San Bruno's climate is mild during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 60's and cool during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 50's.

The warmest month of the year is September with an average maximum temperature of 72.70 degrees Fahrenheit, while the coldest month of the year is January with an average minimum temperature of 42.90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Temperature variations between night and day tend to be fairly limited during summer with a difference that can reach 16 degrees Fahrenheit, and fairly limited during winter with an average difference of 13 degrees Fahrenheit.

The annual average precipitation at San Bruno is 20.11 Inches. Winter months tend to be wetter than summer months. The wettest month of the year is January with an average rainfall of 4.45 Inches.

Fog can really roll in almost anytime during the year with these conditions. Don't forget as well, that town is in the direct flight path of all the plans headed into San Fran Int'l Airport. It's loud and not a place I'd personally want to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
 
Location: South Korea
5,246 posts, read 6,034,519 times
Reputation: 2797
I haven't lived around there or spent a lot of time around there but Millbrae is supposed to be around where the foggy/windy weather starts lessening as you move south along the peninsula.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
180 posts, read 27,246 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Does San Bruno have any non-foggy areas? I am guessing the parts close to Millbrae might be less foggy. How about the parts of San Bruno between 280 and skyline? How does the fog here compare to say the sunset district in SF?
The closer you are to the Pacific Ocean the more fog. If you are between Skyline and 280, you'll experience a lot of fog during the summer. If you are near 101, you won't experience much even during the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
44 posts, read 92,941 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ View Post
The closer you are to the Pacific Ocean the more fog. If you are between Skyline and 280, you'll experience a lot of fog during the summer. If you are near 101, you won't experience much even during the summer.
That's more or less true and certainly true when it comes to San Bruno (which doesn't go all the way to the ocean) But Pacifica is actually much sunnier closer to the ocean than it is up near skyline. Linda Mar and Valle Mar are much sunnier than Fairmont (for example)

The only nice days in the foggy parts of Pacifica, Daly City and San Bruno are in the early to mid spring, mid autumn and during the summer when everywhere else in the Bay Area is having a heat wave. When it's in the 90's elsewhere, the fog burns off. For the rest of the summer, gorgeous whether inland means pea soup near the coast. Not just a little fog either, but thick, miserable fog that covers your plants and home with mildew, mold and rust. If you go for a ten minute walk your hair will get really damp- just horrible fog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
 
735 posts, read 661,297 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchKissed View Post
That's more or less true and certainly true when it comes to San Bruno (which doesn't go all the way to the ocean) But Pacifica is actually much sunnier closer to the ocean than it is up near skyline. Linda Mar and Valle Mar are much sunnier than Fairmont (for example)

The only nice days in the foggy parts of Pacifica, Daly City and San Bruno are in the early to mid spring, mid autumn and during the summer when everywhere else in the Bay Area is having a heat wave. When it's in the 90's elsewhere, the fog burns off. For the rest of the summer, gorgeous whether inland means pea soup near the coast. Not just a little fog either, but thick, miserable fog that covers your plants and home with mildew, mold and rust. If you go for a ten minute walk your hair will get really damp- just horrible fog.
I've always found the winters pretty fog-free near the coasts, too (unless there is a storm...then it is cloudy everywhere). My personal favorite times to hike on the coasts are during the winter when it's sunny and clear (more often than not).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
 
Location: A bit further north than before
1,522 posts, read 1,597,614 times
Reputation: 1190
Fools, andyadhi01 does not ask you what the weather is like, he TELLS you what the weather is where you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top