U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Northern California
3,480 posts, read 9,164,216 times
Reputation: 1475

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourboy69 View Post
well is there not any young proffesional nightllife bars/clubs in san jose?
Go for downtown San Jose which has nightlife (but not as much as San Francisco) and has lots of young people from nearby San Jose State University. There is also light rail for getting around. Going to Hayward would be counter commute and not as bad as going the other way. Forget about Santana Row. Downtown San Jose: Silicon Valley's City Center | Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 PM
 
23 posts, read 11,864 times
Reputation: 14
im willing to spend 1500 -1800 and have roomates.. but what is mainly important is a fun young proffessional crowd.

idc if its supersmall.. modern looking would be cool but not a must and i idc if its furnished

has anyone done the commute from san jose to hayward? how is it

has anyone done commute from marina to hayward? is it possible to make it under 40 min since its reverse commute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:49 PM
 
941 posts, read 1,271,861 times
Reputation: 654
Seriously, no one moves to the Bay Area, to avoid certain demographics of people. The Bay has every demographic imaginable and is quite proud of the fact.

Your twin on these boards, NYCtoSF was atleast entertaining lol. Your not. Just another blow-in with the wrong viewpoint and attitude coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Northern California
3,480 posts, read 9,164,216 times
Reputation: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Your twin on these boards, NYCtoSF was atleast entertaining lol. Your not. Just another blow-in with the wrong viewpoint and attitude coming here.
I thought you liberals were suppose to be tolerant. Who made you the thought-police?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
 
Location: South Korea
5,245 posts, read 6,881,040 times
Reputation: 2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I thought you liberals were suppose to be tolerant.
This is the dumbest neocon retort ever. Meanwhile conservatives pretend to be kind salt of the earth people who are humble good christians, when they're a bunch of snobby and pointlessly hateful bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:07 PM
 
415 posts, read 349,070 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I thought you liberals were suppose to be tolerant. Who made you the thought-police?
Glad you admitted that tolerance is only a liberal virtue. Anyways, he/she was not "policing" any thoughts, nor was he/she clamoring the OP to be banned. Just educating someone on prevalent cultures in Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
 
218 posts, read 259,049 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Seriously, no one moves to the Bay Area, to avoid certain demographics of people. The Bay has every demographic imaginable and is quite proud of the fact.

Your twin on these boards, NYCtoSF was atleast entertaining lol. Your not. Just another blow-in with the wrong viewpoint and attitude coming here.
There are way too many Hindis and Asians around here. Anyone else agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Northern California
3,480 posts, read 9,164,216 times
Reputation: 1475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Glad you admitted that tolerance is only a liberal virtue.
I didn't say tolerance is ONLY a liberal virtue. But people on the left keep bragging about their tolerance for different viewpoints and diversity of thought. You could have fooled me! This political correctness thing is getting out of hand.

If a Black person wants to live with other Blacks, that's OK. But if a white person wants to live around other white people you liberals go into a tizzy and comment about people having the "wrong viewpoint and attitude" (BayDude's words). Who determines what the correct viewpoint and attitude is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
 
218 posts, read 259,049 times
Reputation: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I didn't say tolerance is ONLY a liberal virtue. But people on the left keep bragging about their tolerance for different viewpoints and diversity of thought. You could have fooled me! This political correctness thing is getting out of hand.

If a Black person wants to live with other Blacks, that's OK. But if a white person wants to live around other white people you liberals go into a tizzy and comment about people having the "wrong viewpoint and attitude" (BayDude's words). Who determines what the correct viewpoint and attitude is?
It's because deep down they're deeply insecure. They need validation from outside groups to feel better about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
 
415 posts, read 349,070 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I didn't say tolerance is ONLY a liberal virtue. But people on the left keep bragging about their tolerance for different viewpoints and diversity of thought. You could have fooled me! This political correctness thing is getting out of hand.

If a Black person wants to live with other Blacks, that's OK. But if a white person wants to live around other white people you liberals go into a tizzy and comment about people having the "wrong viewpoint and attitude" (BayDude's words). Who determines what the correct viewpoint and attitude is?

If its not a unique virtue to Liberals, why mention it then?

Where did the OP say he/she is White? You are making that assumption. He/she said that they prefer to "Caucasians and Asians". He/she could be any race/ethnicity and stating that one person doesn't want live near x and y race is a "wrong viewpoint and attitude" regardless of race and ethnicity. Just admit it, that you wanted to jump on the contrived conservative whining of "oppressed white people, and liberals and not tolerant" without bothering to read the posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top