Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lmao there's a lot of ppl with inferiority complexes here about Oakland.
That's not even the proper application of the term "inferiority complex." Just quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times
Seriously, any Oakland Downtown fans, can you list what fun attractions are available in Downtown after 5pm on a weekday?

Let's try to not have a list of 25 dive bars either.

I'm talking about things similar to Sony Metreon, Union Square, the American Conservatory Theatre, Curran, Mitchell Brothers, Orpheum, SF Playhouse, MOMA-SF etc, all of which attract tons of people on any day of the week in S.F's downtown AFTER the work day has ended.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,652 times
Here comes the Grand Lake Theatre card.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
That's not even the proper application of the term "inferiority complex." Just quit.
you're from San Jose. you WOULD be the authority on inferiority complexes

Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Seriously, any Oakland Downtown fans, can you list what fun attractions are available in Downtown after 5pm on a weekday?

Let's try to not have a list of 25 dive bars either.

I'm talking about things similar to Sony Metreon, Union Square, the American Conservatory Theatre, Curran, Mitchell Brothers, Orpheum, SF Playhouse, MOMA-SF etc, all of which attract tons of people on any day of the week in S.F's downtown AFTER the work day has ended.
I'm in my late 20s and since I was old enough to drink my friends and I and even friends of friends have not ONCE wanted to be in Oakland for any reason other than warriors games. we go out almost everywhere in the bay area. I don't know any people my age that have ever said "lets go party in Oakland tonight".. or planning dates in Oakland. lol but we must all br wrong. next time I have visitors from out of town I wont take them to SF. ill take them to the amazing Chinatown in Oakland and all the wonderful attractions in downtown Oakland. after a sold out game at the coliseum.of course where we can drink or eat at one of the many bars n.restaurants around the nice clean area around the coliseum.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
- Yoshi's
- First Fridays
- The Paramount
- New Parish
- Fox Theater

Those are the ones I've personally been to. There's also numerous night clubs and bars throughout downtown. I do wish there was something similar to a Metreon over here though.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Blah Blah Blah.

This is simply trying to change the subject and has ZERO to do with the comment that got you in trouble in the first place.

Im not surprised, I might be inclined to do the same thing if I were slapped down the way you were.

You said that no one wants to go to Dowtown Oakland at night and that is what you need to prove true or else shut the hell up.

lol

Downtown Oakland's population has soared by a third in the past decade and that alone shuts you down. Yawn.

So what else ya got except boring hyperbole?
change the subject? lol this thread is about the warriors possibly leaving Oakland, clown.
people randomly start mentioning tenderloin after I said how filthy and poor the entire area near the coliseum is. oh wait its not dirty its amazing so urban.and vibrant hahhaha

Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times
Quote:
of course where we can drink or eat at one of the many bars n.restaurants around the nice clean area around the coliseum.
Yeah, I hear that's a prime area with many well reviewed dining establishments ready to valet your car for a fun time out.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:31 AM

295 posts, read 461,455 times
The Metreon is no longer in existence. Its undergoing renovations to become a target. Sony pulled out after a man was shot to death on the escalator.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:33 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
change the subject? lol this thread is about the warriors possibly leaving Oakland, clown.
people randomly start mentioning tenderloin after I said how filthy and poor the entire area near the coliseum is. oh wait its not dirty its amazing so urban.and vibrant hahhaha

If you think Hegenberger is filthy and poor you need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland