Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Plum, flora, and Tamarindo are all downtown and excellent. There is also Pican, Haven, and B Restaurant at the higher end. Chop Bar and Bocanova as well.
I've only tried Bocanova on that list of dining options. It was... ok. Their wine list is way over priced, and their corkage fee means you might as well just buy their over priced $10 Chardonnay selling for $40. I guess that's not unique to Bocanova so it's forgivable.

Their dinner prices aren't that bad actually, but I had their Halibut and it was dry as a desert. So not a great experience for my first time. If I go back I'll try their grill, maybe that would be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Please stop putting other people's yelp reviews on here as your own experience. Yawn.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 PM

295 posts, read 461,455 times
Teams leave places for lots of reason, I mean look at the Sonics, left Seattle for Oklahoma city. by far the less glamorous of the two cities, but a new arena will do wonders. 49ers leaving SF for Santa Clara, a city most people outside of California have never heard of. if they wanted to say in the splendid city they would have stayed put no? The kings are trying to move to Anaheim, less name recognition than Sacramento. Teams move for money and facilities more than how good or bad a city is. If Mexico city built a state of the art field for the niners and promised them they could get a super bowl and higher profits best believe you would be watching the Mexico city Cuarenta y Nueve's.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsba View Post
Teams leave places for lots of reason, I mean look at the Sonics, left Seattle for Oklahoma city. by far the less glamorous of the two cities, but a new arena will do wonders. 49ers leaving SF for Santa Clara, a city most people outside of California have never heard of. if they wanted to say in the splendid city they would have stayed put no? The kings are trying to move to Anaheim, less name recognition than Sacramento. Teams move for money and facilities more than how good or bad a city is. If Mexico city built a state of the art field for the niners and promised them they could get a super bowl and higher profits best believe you would be watching the Mexico city Cuarenta y Nueve's.
I would argue that projected profitability is a measure of the economic viability of a city, which is the discussion here. Isn't it?

I think everyone here is getting caught up in the "Oakland vs S.F which area has worse ghetto debate", but what we're really talking about is where is the team going to make the most revenue.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsba View Post
These trolls try to hold Oakland to a much stricter standard than SF or LA or wherever because they specifically want to emphasize whatever unrelated issues Oakland has that they want to hold up as the specific reason for teams wanting to leave. We've gone over this time and time and time again.

Its hilarious. And boring.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Its hilarious. And boring.
The trollfrenzy is at a peak today. This is getting nowhere.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
you're delusional. there is a reason both warriors and A's want to leave Oakland. the splendors and whatever you think is so fantastic about that area obviously don't exist in the eyes of warriors and A's ownership. oh wait you're right and e eryonr is wrong right? there's absolutely nothing wrong with that area. and that's why the warriors and A's DONT want to leave.. right? lol wtf. polishing a turd by speaking positively about that area. it sucks. enjoy it soon without warriors and A's
The Warriors and especially the A's want leave mainly because of the crappy FACILITIES they play in and less about the dumpy area surrounding the Coliseum/Arena. You think every new stadium/Arena is built in some nice, vibrant entertainment district?

Look where they built the brand new Marlins stadium! In the same dumpy neighborhood the old one was in. Look where Philly's teams old and new stadiums are. You think that area in South Philly is some sort of gem? Oakland could easily do the same thing as Philly with the Colisuem property.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The Warriors and especially the A's want leave mainly because of the crappy FACILITIES they play in and less about the dumpy area surrounding the Coliseum/Arena. You think every new stadium/Arena is built in some nice, vibrant entertainment district?

Look where they built the brand new Marlins stadium! In the same dumpy neighborhood the old one was in. Look where Philly's teams old and new stadiums are. You think that area in South Philly is some sort of gem? Oakland could easily do the same thing as Philly with the Colisuem property.
Has much to do with mass transit infrastructure as well. Nobody's going to build an arena or stadium without having comprehensive means planned to move all those fans to and from the facility as efficiently as possible.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:10 PM

295 posts, read 461,455 times
Fair enough DocGoldstein, then by that measure the team currently sells out most of its games at its current location, based on the value of land and permitting fees city to city San Francisco would actually be the much less attractive site. Much more expensive land and higher building costs. Presumably the only reason to want a new arena from a fiscal standpoint is to increase revenue. if the current arean is already at max revenue, IE, being sold out every game the only way to increase that is to 1) cahrge more per ticket, 2) charge more for food and apparel, or 3) and this is what they seem to be going with, increase the size of your revenue generating facility most likely by adding more luxury boxes and less general seating. They currently sell out all of their current luxury boxes every game. Based on all of this and the teams current sales one would assume the best place to build a new arena is right where the old one is. Seeing as how drawing fans is not an issue nor is filling luxury boxes the cheapest alternative would be to build in the cheapest place to build.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:11 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You said Downtown Oakland, like the Tenderloin is not a place anyone wants to hang out in at night.

Prove that statement true, or admit your wrong, or shut the hell up.

I wont hold my breath waiting for bodythe either of the 3 options to happen.

This is what happens when people talk themselves into a corner. They are left with no options that favor them.
lol what's with your demands little guy? who are you? you're a nobody to me, I don't know u from a sht stain in a crackheads underwear. you're a random screenname demanding explanations like I care about what you have to say about anything. youre a nobody to me you weirdo. lol "prove that statement to me!!!! I'm tired of waiting!!! prove it!!!" remember: you are a nobody, you don't matter, stop expecting explanations from me. enjoy yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland