U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,497,523 times
the funny thing about the 49ers new stadium in santa clara is that I like many 49ers fans aren't mad as hell like these so called warriors "fans", suddenly quitting on the team and saying they wont support a team that's a 10 min drive away.
i couldn't have cared less where the 49ers built their stadium. warriors "fans?" they cut their ties with the team.
i watched the 49ers conference live from work then they had that little ceremony in santa clara, excited for a new stadium for my favorite football team.
warriors fans were suddenly cursing the entire organization, badmouthing san francisco and saying they wont ever support the team again.

The 49ers could've moved to colma for all I care. there is more to san francisco than 8 regular season nfl games per year.
there's not much going on in oakland, and that's why losing the warriors hurts so much awwww =(
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM

1,157 posts, read 757,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king georges View Post
Oh you changed planes in Oakland yes you know the city. I'll continue to call you out about everything because you're clueless and you offer NOTHING to any discussion other than negativity and lies.
You as well.

Different opinion = instant troll.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM

24,585 posts, read 29,968,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
You keep thinking there is some kind of conspiracy here.
No, I really dont care if there's a conspiracy but I wonder why there is so much animosity here at the thought of Oakland wanting to keep its teams? That's very odd.

Pictures of riotous scenes? Really?

Quote:
Again where is the double standard? I said you are hoping that the project would fail. Isn't that true? I'm not saying don't do it. It's only natural.
No, Im not hoping for anything at this point but I do believe history speaks for itself with respect to these kinds of proposals in SF.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM

1,157 posts, read 757,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, I really dont care if there's a conspiracy but I wonder why there is so much animosity here at the thought of Oakland wanting to keep its teams? That's very odd.

Pictures of riotous scenes? Really?

No, Im not hoping for anything at this point but I do believe history speaks for itself with respect to these kinds of proposals in SF.
I didn't mention anything about riots. That useless mayor has allowed those entitled Occupy brats to ruin the city. They did major damage in the Mission as well targeting small businesses. It's a shame, really.

In any case, history shows that publicly funded projects will fail in SF.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM

10,129 posts, read 12,673,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
the funny thing about the 49ers new stadium in santa clara is that I like many 49ers fans aren't mad as hell like these so called warriors "fans", suddenly quitting on the team and saying they wont support a team that's a 10 min drive away.
i couldn't have cared less where the 49ers built their stadium. warriors "fans?" they cut their ties with the team.
i watched the 49ers conference live from work then they had that little ceremony in santa clara, excited for a new stadium for my favorite football team.
warriors fans were suddenly cursing the entire organization, badmouthing san francisco and saying they wont ever support the team again.

The 49ers could've moved to colma for all I care. there is more to san francisco than 8 regular season nfl games per year.
there's not much going on in oakland, and that's why losing the warriors hurts so much awwww =(
Possibly because fans hated Candlestick far more than Oracle. When you have a stadium that is worse than the Coliseum, extremely difficult to get in and out of, and where the power goes out in the middle of a nationally televised game then it's no wonder fans didn't mind as much with the Niners getting the hell out of that dump even if it meant a farther drive.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM

2,667 posts, read 1,997,453 times
I don't know why everyone is getting so excited about this new arena.

As far as I understood, attendance hasn't really been an issue for the Warriors, and it's not like some shiny, new, more expensive arena is going to change how poorly managed and awful the team is. A new stadium for the As makes much more sense to me.

Plus, the way things get done in the Bay Area, I'm not even believing this is happening until I actually see it. [/pessimism]

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What are you talking about? I didn't ignore the first part of that list at all and addressed it in my post. Let me repeat if for you again, A's fans are just as into the game as you don't go unless you really love that team and baseball, it's not some nice stadium where you stroll around and look at the water and play with the kids under a cheesy Coke bottle. Per capita, I'd say the A's might even have an advantage but the Giants just have so many more in attendance by default there will be more people paying attention to the game. I remember going to a game last year and some dumb broad asking "where's Posey" well after he had been injured. Giants fans are so into the game that's why they give away TEXTING GLOVES for their fans! haha. I remember at last Friday's game the TV showing a bunch of chicks walking in wedding attire because one of the girls was having a bachlorette party their. I'm sure they were glued to the field!

Yes the Coliseum sucks, thanks for stating the obvious for the 100th time as if no one wasn't aware of that. And I've been to the $2 Wed's where they've sold out and the 2nd deck has been packed, so yes that actually does bring people to the Coliseum. But go ahead and keep harping on the Coliseum and it's current attendance issues but when you have less past success in winning that's all you got pretty much.

A's fans suck, thats what you're conveniently ignoring. you keep acting like the only reason the giants have people in the stands is because its a new stadium.
candlestick is an even bigger sht hole than the coliseum but the Giants still averaged more fans from 93-2000. and NEVER placed last in attendance, in at least 30 years. never dead last.
hold that one for a minute. candlestick = older, cold as ice, hideous piece of crap of a stadium and STILL averaged more fans than the a's for 7 straight years.
2009= last place
2010=2nd to last place
2011=last place
and this year, 3rd from last place so far.

but yea blame the stadium.. A's have been overachieving all year, playing solid .500 ball and only 5 games back of the rangers.. still not enough to get support from a's "fans"... lol

Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM

2,667 posts, read 1,997,453 times
It's far too warm outside for Hell to have frozen over, but for once, I actually agree with everything sav858 has said in this thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM

10,129 posts, read 12,673,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
A's fans suck, thats what you're conveniently ignoring. you keep acting like the only reason the giants have people in the stands is because its a new stadium.
candlestick is an even bigger sht hole than the coliseum but the Giants still averaged more fans from 93-2000. and NEVER placed last in attendance, in at least 30 years. never dead last.
hold that one for a minute. candlestick = older, cold as ice, hideous piece of crap of a stadium and STILL averaged more fans than the a's for 7 straight years.
2009= last place
2010=2nd to last place
2011=last place
and this year, 3rd from last place so far.

but yea blame the stadium.. A's have been overachieving all year, playing solid .500 ball and only 5 games back of the rangers.. still not enough to get support from a's "fans"... lol
The Giants DID NOT average more fans for 7 years, they didn't average more in 94 or 95. I already stated that previously.

Here somethings you either are conviently ignoring or just flat out ignorant about:

The Giants have only exceeded the average NL attendance 10 times before Pac Bell and 9 of those times were before the A's even arrived in the Bay Area. So from 1968 through 1999 the Giants only exceeded the NL attendance average ONCE. While during the same period the A's exceeded the AL attendance average 7 times and have twice more since 1999 too.

From 1968-1999 the Giants averaged 16,139 fans at Candlestick. During the same period the A's averaged 17,002. Please get your facts straight before you even try to boast about the Giants attendance at the Stick. OVERALL you didn't average more than the A's and that is a FACT!

The funny thing is the Giants have always been the more popular team in the Bay with a bigger fan base so logically you should have always had higher attendance but the fact remains the A's have competed with Giants and outdrawn them before. I wonder how often the Mets outdrew the Yankees or the White Sox the Cubs.

Bay Area Baseball fans in general suck imo becuase many lack the loyalty and passion seen in other two team markets. You have too many A's/Giants fans that will support both teams. Build a new state-of-the-art stadium at a convenient location that is more affordable then you'll see the A's draw back many of those 1 million+ fans the Giants instantly got when Pac Bell opened.

Like I've said before, too many Giants "fans" memories start at Pac Bell. I remember growing up with the Coliseum being packed, remember when we were blowing out teams and 45,000+ starting the wave and kept it going so much the jumbotron had to put a wave with a red circle through it to tell us to stop. The Coliseum USED to have an atmoshere that could rival anything at Pac Bell minus the amenities right outside the park but the Tailgating atmosphere was just as fun if not better and the A's could do it again in a new ballpark.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM

1993: giants: 32,177, a's: 25,124
94: giants- 28,410, a's: 22,191
95: giants- 17,243, a's: 16,310
96: giants- 17,243, a's: 14,178 (last place in attendance)
97: giants-20,875, a's: 15,608 (last place in attendance)
98: giants- 23,770, a's: 15,214
99: giants- 25,659, a's: 17, 711

that's 7 years from 93-99.
i was like 8/9 in 93 which is when i started following baseball. i was like a sophomore in h.s when at&t park opened up. dont blame me for not caring what happened in 1978 in candlestick. the fact remains, 93 to now the giants have outdrawn the A's. this includes seasons where the giants sucked ass and the A's had a better record. it includes 7 straight years at garbage ass candlestick.
A's fans are indifferent to their teams success. they had maybe 3 good years in the early 2000's then their interest disappears.
you're gona tell me fans aren't showing up to support the A's this season because the stadium sucks? A's are playing great and yet they get no support. Giants fans showed up in greater numbers at CANDLESTICK to support horrific teams. can't say the same about the a's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland