Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 05:48 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondogger View Post
Obviously, the saying 'Go West young man!' applied to gold, money, and job opportunities but me thinks not women
Well pardner, once the law came them women folks started streaming west in greater numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerD View Post
I think it's the cold weather...
If it were that, then wouldn't women in all the midwest, PNW, and NE cities like Chicago, Seattle, DC, NYC, Boston, etc be even less friendly?

I don't know how dating is because I've been with the same person since I was 19, and I'm 40 now, but I find people in SF generally friendly, and people in LA generally friendly too, although maybe a little weirder. In many surveys, however, LA ranks very low in terms of overall friendliness, not necessarily in terms of dating though.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Since I'm up early to get ready for a meeting in L.A., I figured I'd log on!

I've made my comments on this forum about meeting people in-person.

For one, I've been in L.A. all weekend. While noticeably (but not exponentially) friendlier than the Bay Area, the vibe overall seems less angry and less uptight than the Bay Area. Maybe not much "nicer" and friendlier, but it somehow still feels more welcoming. It also helps that the women really are prettier as a whole, but I notice that they tend to go for certain types of guys. Knowing this going in should not render a man surprised and help him get a better idea of where to start looking for the types with whom he is compatible, it is L.A., S.F. or anywhere else. I may be moving to L.A. soon, anyway, so I would have the chance to find out more.

I've also just started something I've never considered: online dating sites. Yep, I figured, why not? There are plenty of egos from L.A. women, that's for sure, but they're largely limited to the west side (shocker, not!) and wealthy suburban areas. The initial profile comments and attitudes of many Bay Area women can be best described as hyper-selective, condescending and uber-feminist, and it doesn't matter if they're from Redwood City or Antioch. Just another confirmation for me that Bay Area women largely suck (although, as I've said, the attitudes are generally less strong the farther you get from Highway 101).

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM

630 posts, read 994,095 times
SF girls are the most unfriendliest girls in the world. If you're at the bar for 5 nights in the Marina/Cowhollow and in S. of Market, you not have even met one chic, not even one. They're never interested in meeting and or getting to know you, whether they're hot or not. In LA, one night may be crappy, and the next night so awsome. Just go to another place or wait another night. You'll be rewarded with hanging out with hottest of them all. It may even be your favorite hot calender model or hot celebrity really want to hang out with you and be your friend. LA women are hot because most of them are from elsewhere like New Zealand, Denmark, France, Michigan, texas, Virginia and the outlying areas of LA. In SF, they're mostly from the East Coast gone bad, bad few from LA and the surrounding Bay Area like Concord or Mountain View. Bad combo!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
If you're at the bar for 5 nights in the Marina/Cowhollow and in S. of Market, you not have even met one chic, not even one.
Maybe because you're fishing in a sea of Kardashian-wannabes who are chronically fixated on shiny things, when not altogether consumed with their own largess. You may not have the shiny lures for this sort of catch. Which actually may save a great deal of headache. Maybe try different parts of town.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 PM

I took Foo's advice and picked up hot chicks and celebrities. If it worked for me, it can work for you.()

Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
SF girls are the most unfriendliest girls in the world. If you're at the bar for 5 nights in the Marina/Cowhollow and in S. of Market, you not have even met one chic, not even one.
LOL! This is funny! When are you guys going to learn that bars are not for meeting women? Women are all around you all day in the Bay Area, to say nothing of weekend activities! For heaven's sake, get off your rear and join Sierra Singles hiking groups, or civic groups, a Sister City volunteer org, an enviro group, a neighborhood group, meet-ups, SOMETHING! Just do SOMETHING besides hanging out drinking.

So this is why SF women are being labelled "unfriendly"?? UNbelievable!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
in L.A. the vibe overall seems less angry and less uptight than the Bay Area.

The initial profile comments and attitudes of many Bay Area women can be best described as hyper-selective, condescending and uber-feminist,

Bay Area women largely suck (although, as I've said, the attitudes are generally less strong the farther you get from Highway 101).
East of 101? That's the East Bay. So San Fran and Marin women suck, but those east of there don't? What about all the East Bay women who work in SF and go to weekend activities there, on occasion? Do they lose their charm as soon as they enter the city?

Most people on C-D say it's best to stay away from online dating. It also depends on the dating site.

"angry and uptight"? Not the Bay Area I know. Yours must be a parallel-universe Bay Area.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
East of 101? That's the East Bay.

Most people on C-D say it's best to stay away from online dating. It also depends on the dating site.

"angry and uptight"? Not the Bay Area I know. Yours must be a parallel-universe Bay Area.
My personal suggestion is people learn tennis and play mixed doubles tournaments. Short skirts are a bonus.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
My personal suggestion is people learn tennis and play mixed doubles tournaments. Short skirts are a bonus.
I wish badminton were more of a thing.

The short skirts are for the TV cameras during tournaments. IRL most women wear shorts for tennis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland