U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM

937 posts, read 1,181,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's better. And I don't know. What's wrong with you?
Wrong. If it was me why is it that I get different results in a different city?

It is like a split test, nothing has been changed except my location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM

3,220 posts, read 5,092,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's better. And I don't know. What's wrong with you?
To be fair, my fellow males have the fair share of jerks, but between work, social settings, networking, Meetups, and just general public encounters, there are literally four b*tches for every do*chebag. I find most of the men here to have the California chill-out attitude (except for yuppies).

I've only met ONE (yes, one) girl actually FROM the Bay that I could see myself dating. I've met a few more from SoCal (SD, SB County, even LA County) but predominantly they've been fellow transplants.

Noooowwwww...some of the women I've met a bit older than my age range, say 35-50, can be a lot more fun and less drama! But even some of them have the 'tude.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 07-19-2012 at 05:27 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM

7,240 posts, read 5,754,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, women in the Bay Area tend to be better educated, make more money and are probably less inclined to give losers the time of day.

Just saying....
...but it just doesn't seem to sink in very long. Like, about as long as it takes to get rejected, again. The Great Re-Animating Thread Topic.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM

4,987 posts, read 5,854,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Wrong. If it was me why is it that I get different results in a different city?

It is like a split test, nothing has been changed except my location.
The issue could still be you. I've known a few people who had relationship troubles in one area, moved a good distance to another location and suddenly things were different. It's possible that you are a bad fit for the local areas where you are seeking women.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 PM

538 posts, read 386,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Curious, most of the girls I met in SF are very nice. There are exceptions of course but by and large, friendly. Couple of weeks ago I was cleaning out my garage and this three girls happened to walk by and one of them started a conversation with me and we just started chatting. Can't get more friendlier than that.

Maybe they were casing the joint.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM

11,854 posts, read 9,454,157 times
I find the women in LA friendlier than most of the Bay Area too. I also discovered that a lot of it isn't really genuine. Personally, I'd rather be around people who didn't talk to me at all than those who are only being fake nice. Hard to tell who your real friends are with the latter.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM

39 posts, read 40,568 times
I don't like this thread, thumbs down. Why am I moving to the Bay area from LA again?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 PM

1,164 posts, read 947,446 times
All the friendly people were priced out.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 PM

7,240 posts, read 5,754,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnboy1084 View Post
I don't like this thread, thumbs down. Why am I moving to the Bay area from LA again?
If this is all it takes to change your mind, don't bother.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 PM

15,588 posts, read 9,611,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
They are also far more attractive on average. It doesn't make any sense, shouldn't it be the other way around?
A couple of things, more women in LA are in "appearance focused" industries so they tend to keep up appearances. Also, women in LA are more likely to wear makeup/get their hair done on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland