Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsba View Post
Why on earth would you be driving down San Leandro, Siminary, or MacArthur in the 100s if you live in Lafayette? im not trying to grill you im just curious. i live in the city and NEVER drive down half the roads you listed. I don't live in those areas and there is nothing off of those streets i would be going to so why would you even be on those roads? Maybe work related i would suspect?
You do know San Leandro, for one, is where the Oakland Airport BART shuttle drops off passengers right? I'm not trying to grill you, but even someone living in Lafayette knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM

54 posts, read 120,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
You do know San Leandro, for one, is where the Oakland Airport BART shuttle drops off passengers right? I'm not trying to grill you, but even someone living in Lafayette knows that.
Huh? Every time I've taken the OAK BART shuttle they've taken me to the Oakland Coliseum station.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 PM

72 posts, read 112,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x7er View Post
Huh? Every time I've taken the OAK BART shuttle they've taken me to the Oakland Coliseum station.
Mr. Fantastic the troll is talking about San Leandro St. Not the City. He google mapped the area to get this information.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 PM

295 posts, read 461,405 times
OK but that is a small section of that street, what were you doing on Siminary or MacArthur in the 100s i mean those are all areas that folks from out of town just don't go.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 PM

114 posts, read 239,782 times
Well the fact that one individual is an alleged troll and the other repeatedly mis spells a a street name should let you know that yes Oakland is safe, I dont get it, where is the this epidemic of white ( and I am white) people from out of town getting shot on the street??(In any major city in America not just OAK) Think about it,..... if people in a neighborhood are engaged in a type of commerce that is foreign to you or seems unorthodox in nature let me be the first to point out to u that endangering your life is the worst possible thing they could do to their business, maybe thats too much insight for the internet but this is ridiculous

Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Even in the worst parts of Oakland and SF, the places where you will hear gunfire all night every night coming from the projects or the 'hoods, you can be safe if you follow the proper precautions. Maybe not happy, maybe not proud, maybe not prosperous, but at least safe.

The most unsafe I ever felt was trying to sleep in Evergreen (San Jose) when shots rang out from the corner right in front of the house. In that house, my bedroom was right in front facing the street. No one was hurt, but the damage was done for me. The layout of that house and the elements of the neighborhood made it personally dangerous and there was nothing I could do to fix it. I was out of there that month. If our bedrooms were facing the back yard, though, I might still be living there. If it's not putting me in actual danger, what do I really care if two lowlifes kill each other over a few ill-gotten dollars in the street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland