U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:50 PM

14 posts, read 12,918 times

Advertisements

Greetings All,

Yes I know, its only the beginning of August BUT, I am moving to the Bay Area in Oct, and will be out there for 10 days 'house hunting" in September. I plan on living in/around San Mateo. Is there anywhere in the area, to include SF proper if need be, where I can watch the Pats? And by watching I also mean listening to the game, not watching it with every other NFL game with no sound. And yes I know, it's not New England (thank God!), so don't yell at me and tell me to stay here

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 PM

7,762 posts, read 6,822,169 times
At least you're on the right side of the Bay for such an endeavor. 'Twould be a perilous exercise in Raider country (Raider Nation doesn't forget the Snow Bowl*).
Tom Brady is from San Mateo. Played high school ball at Serra, big 49er fan growing up. Surely there is a sympathetic bar somewhere around there.

*It was a fumble.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 PM

114 posts, read 74,861 times
Did you move out here to visit the birth place of Tom Brady or what? This 49er country brah, we dont like your kind

Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM

14 posts, read 12,918 times
Ha! I actually forgot about the Snow Bowl....

And that is all I keep hearing. Brady's birth place. Just a coincidence I assure you, I'm not that lame. Should be fun when 49rs play the Pats. Wish it was in there instead of Foxborough.

Looks like its gonna be Direct TV

Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 PM

Dude there are plenty of places to watch Pats games, I sure as hell dont know where they are for obvious reasons but Im sure a google search or too will find you a place if not in San Francisco, San Jose area for sure, and I dont believe in coincidences good luck surviving without chowda, sam adams, and ben affleck

bam

http://www.meetup.com/an-Francisco-N...Patriots-Fans/

Its just like New York I guess, I grew up in a part of SF that most people dont come too and we have a kinda cowboys bar up the street, alot of families here have roots in texas or atleast thats what they tell me

Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 PM

15,952 posts, read 12,589,472 times
The Keysar Tavern, near Keysar Stadium has all of the games on

Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 PM

hehe key sar

Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM

6,006 posts, read 3,649,367 times
Ricky's in San Leandro. Make sure to wear your red, white & blue.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM

491 posts, read 463,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
At least you're on the right side of the Bay for such an endeavor. 'Twould be a perilous exercise in Raider country (Raider Nation doesn't forget the Snow Bowl*).
Tom Brady is from San Mateo. Played high school ball at Serra, big 49er fan growing up. Surely there is a sympathetic bar somewhere around there.

*It was a fumble.
*Funny thing is, that rule was used in several games that season, including, an overturned fumble call for the Jets against the Patriots. Vinny Testeverde was sacked by a Patriot, fumbled, was recovered by the Pats, yet they called the Tuck Rule and reversed the call, ball back to the Jets. It's too bad Raider fans have such tunnel vision and only know about Raider football and not NFL Football, including NFL Rules.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM

48 posts, read 50,509 times
There's a small bar on Polk Street in Russian Hill called The Buccanneer that I'm told is a Patriots bar. I've never actually watched a game there, because I'm not a Pats fan. But my boss, who's a NE native, said he used to go there to watch games. Polk on football weekends is actually very interesting because there seems to be a lot of non-CA sports team bars in the area. I know Shanghai Kelly's on Broadway/Polk is a Steelers bar, and there's a jets bar in the vicinity. Green's is a Washington Huskies bar when they play, but I think many teams claim Green's as their own.

all in all, good place to watch football with other fans. The one caveat though is that the Polk area in Russian Hill is pretty much like the Marina in terms of the demographic. That is, your frat and sorority types. So just be aware of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland