U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 PM
 
4 posts, read 6,374 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I am looking for pet-friendly homes for rent in the Bay Area, preferably in Half Moon Bay. I have two Siberian Huskies and its been extremely difficult to find a home which will except my dogs. My price range is around $1,500 a month, I would like to have a home with a yard. If someone could help me, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,478 posts, read 1,893,821 times
Reputation: 682
one posting comes up. moss beach $3700.

SF bay area apts/housing for rent classifieds "half moon bay" - craigslist

townhome $1495, south SF

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/apa/3187705480.html
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 PM
 
Location: South Korea
5,243 posts, read 10,015,423 times
Reputation: 2908
Bay Area landlords are extremely anti-pet. And your budget is really low considering you have two largish dogs and want a "home with a yard." At best you'll find a small townhouse with a tiny garden. If your budget is that low and you need a yard for the dogs honestly I wouldn't look at the Bay Area. It can be near impossible just to find an apartment, let alone a place with a yard, that lets you have a cat.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Bay Area
3,664 posts, read 6,606,331 times
Reputation: 3756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyyarea View Post
I am looking for pet-friendly homes for rent in the Bay Area, preferably in Half Moon Bay. I have two Siberian Huskies and its been extremely difficult to find a home which will except my dogs. My price range is around $1,500 a month, I would like to have a home with a yard. If someone could help me, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The East Bay is a lot more pet friendly from my experiences (particularly Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Martinez, and farther out places like Pittburg, Antioch, San Ramon, etc). Of course you didn't mention where your job is located, so this might not be entirely practical for you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
9,197 posts, read 11,685,798 times
Reputation: 6242
Huskies, unfortunately, are on most "banned" lists, which are extensive throughout the Bay Area (includes Goldens, dachsunds, and...pugs). List is in a thread somewhere in here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM
 
3,292 posts, read 2,037,604 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Huskies, unfortunately, are on most "banned" lists, which are extensive throughout the Bay Area (includes Goldens, dachsunds, and...pugs). List is in a thread somewhere in here.
Yeah, the list is pretty ridiculous (from this thread): http://www.city-data.com/forum/25232190-post14.html

Some humorous ones:
22. BOSTON TERRIER
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
63. PUG

Watch out, these fierce breeds might lick you to death...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
 
4 posts, read 6,374 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you guys! Still searching.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Here and There
2,532 posts, read 2,919,024 times
Reputation: 3726
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yeah, the list is pretty ridiculous (from this thread): http://www.city-data.com/forum/25232190-post14.html

Some humorous ones:
22. BOSTON TERRIER
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
63. PUG

Watch out, these fierce breeds might lick you to death...
Labs? You can't be serious.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top