Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM

774 posts, read 1,856,559 times

Advertisements

I agree with "bmw335xi" and "CousinMaynard".

It's the weirdest place I've ever lived in. It's more, "insider/outsider" than Portland used to be. It's the home of Pacifica Radio, but it may be the most anti-intellectual... place I've ever seen. There's so many drugs and it's such a backwater of awareness, that they've developed their own reality... and it's a weird one.

Even the police say, "Pacifica doesn't have the most crimes in the Bay Area... but definitely the weirdest."

You have black and Native American and Mexican youth who swear they're white. (I'm not kidding.) You have a very homophobic gay population that ... is bullied obscenely by closet queens.

And the "working class?"
The convenient stores sell tons of alcohol to union people who turned their unions into Italian and "White Only" bastions that eventually ruined the union. (Now they bad mouth Mexicans who work cheaper and harder than they did.)

Pacifica is called a, "White Gheto" ... which is weird because it's a coastal town. BEAUTIFUL place. Surfers are out every day, seniors are hiking the trails, and middle-class/upper middle class homes dot the hillside. Totally lovely. But totally gutter-weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland