Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Interesting.

In Silicon Valley, Technology Talent Gap Threatens G.O.P. Campaigns - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
good news to me : )

Old 11-28-2012, 02:54 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
The ideological/political homogeniety of the Bay Area is getting really frightening imo. There is very little political diversity in areas, it's like an ideological circle jerk .

Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
I proudly work for one of the listed companies

Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The ideological/political homogeniety of the Bay Area is getting really frightening imo. There is very little political diversity in areas, it's like an ideological circle jerk .
Like the flipside of Texas.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Like the flipside of Texas.
The lesser of two evils I suppose here. But I even think Texas' metropolitan areas are more politically diverse than here. Dallas County is solidly democratic and Harris County, which has 4 million of Houston's metro's residents, is 50/50 and went for Obama the last two elections. Houston also has a gay mayor.

I don't think you're going to find a large metropolitan area as politically homogenous as the Bay Area in the US.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM

15 posts, read 24,002 times
What does it matter? Do you really sit around and talk politics with complete strangers? I see plenty of Romney Stickers out in Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Dublin, Danville etc.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YongAe View Post
What does it matter? Do you really sit around and talk politics with complete strangers? I see plenty of Romney Stickers out in Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Dublin, Danville etc.
Along with other types of diversity I like political and ideological diversity. Not sure why you got so defensive by me pointing out how that type of diversity is lacking in the Bay Area. Yes I realize certain areas have more diversity than others and acknowledged that. Personally I think being around people that all have the same political/ideological views can breed ignorance.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM

15 posts, read 24,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Along with other types of diversity I like political and ideological diversity. Not sure why you got so defensive by me pointing out how that type of diversity is lacking in the Bay Area. Yes I realize certain areas have more diversity than others and acknowledged that. Personally I think being around people that all have the same political/ideological views can breed ignorance.
First of all what gave you the idea I'm defensive. Second of all most people don't show their political view's and ideology unless you start talking to them about politics and social issues. I work with people who I had no Idea were hardcore Republicans until the election. Most people want the same things in life regardless of party affiliation. So in reality it doesn't matter and you're just making assumptions about what breeds ignorance. No what breeds ignorance is people who don't educate themselves to make their own decision. I don't let those around me influence what I believe.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YongAe View Post
First of all what gave you the idea I'm defensive. Second of all most people don't show their political view's and ideology unless you start talking to them about politics and social issues. I work with people who I had no Idea were hardcore Republicans until the election. Most people want the same things in life regardless of party affiliation. So in reality it doesn't matter and you're just making assumptions about what breeds ignorance. No what breeds ignorance is people who don't educate themselves to make their own decision. I don't let those around me influence what I believe.
The tone of your posts is what comes off as defensive. Yes a lot of people want the same things for society but it's how to achieve those goals is what primarily sets people apart. I'm come across plenty of educated people that are really full of themselves and ingrained in their own views, being surrouned primarily by people that all hold those views as well makes it worse imo.

I've very moderate so I like political diversity. Some don't and actually seem to want one party rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland