Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

I've only spent a little time in Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore, but they looked like nice small cities. If you end up moving there, let me know how you like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 12:58 AM

470 posts, read 1,073,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I've only spent a little time in Dublin, Pleasanton and Livermore, but they looked like nice small cities. If you end up moving there, let me know how you like it.
I promise to report back!

Merry Christmas! Jules

Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I don't think having a BART station is all that important. You can drive to a BART station from most of the places he lists. I would add Benicia, which is about a 10-15 min. drive from Concord BART, but on the north side of the Sacramento River delta. Very nice small town, beautiful setting.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think having a BART station is all that important. You can drive to a BART station from most of the places he lists. I would add Benicia, which is about a 10-15 min. drive from Concord BART, but on the north side of the Sacramento River delta. Very nice small town, beautiful setting.
Thanks Ruth! That is not a city/town I see a lot of rentals listed on CL. I"ll keep my eyes open!

Merry Christmas! Jules

Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,567,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
ROFL .... Hubby wouldn't drink wine out of a box if you paid him! Brat! I'm an old fan of a good bottle of Boones Farm or Annie Green Springs! I'm a cheap drunk!

The landlord of the house in Livermore emailed tonight, so I hope we get to see it Saturday. That area sounds so appealing to both of us. We go to Temecula occasionally and love the idea of living near wineries.

Merry Christmas! Jules
I think you will really like Livermore. I am in Pleasanton and years ago turned my nose up at Livermore, but I have to say Livermore has a lot of appeal to me if I don't need the schools. But be sure to check out Pleasanton too as they butt right up to each other.
Plus BART is really close no matter where you are in Pleasanton.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I think you will really like Livermore. I am in Pleasanton and years ago turned my nose up at Livermore, but I have to say Livermore has a lot of appeal to me if I don't need the schools. But be sure to check out Pleasanton too as they butt right up to each other.
Plus BART is really close no matter where you are in Pleasanton.
We'll be staying in Pleasanton, so we'll be checking out that area, as well as other areas!!

Old 12-27-2012, 01:46 AM

It's too bad the weather isn't very nice. Much of the year the evenings are very nice and you can really appreciate the area so much more.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It's too bad the weather isn't very nice. Much of the year the evenings are very nice and you can really appreciate the area so much more.
Weather isn't very nice? Are you messing with me for fun?

HUGz! Jules

Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,998 times
The weather is fine in Livermore it does get up to 100+ degrees in the summer and it gets down to low 30's high 20's in the winter. But there aren't that many days with those extremes. Cities closer to the bay do have more moderate temperatures because the bay helps regulate the temprature. I live in Livermore it is a nice city and downtown is really cute there are dozens of wineries if that is your thing. Lake Del Valle is great for fishing and hiking. There is a performing arts theater and two movies theaters one of the movie theaters plays more art house movies and you can drink alcohol (beer, Wine) in the theater.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
Weather isn't very nice? Are you messing with me for fun?

HUGz! Jules
I mean the weather hasn't been very nice the last few weeks. I love the warm summer evenings perfect for going out and doing things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland