U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM
 
Location: Go West young man...
409 posts, read 372,435 times
Reputation: 305
What's next... Frisco International? The 415? Leave it as is "San Francisco International" that pretty much represents ALL in The City.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:23 AM
 
2,389 posts, read 958,180 times
Reputation: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
So why didn't they do this a couple years after his death, not a couple years after a well-known Hollywood biopic?
Thats what I was wondering.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,959 posts, read 15,734,561 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So what did John Wayne do to deserve *his* airport?
HEY! Don't dis The Duke. John Wayne was a neighbor of mine back in the 60s-70s. I knew John Wayne. He was a "towering" figure with national appeal compared to Harvey Milk.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
8,461 posts, read 3,552,715 times
Reputation: 4864
Quote:
Originally Posted by u225615 View Post
The 415?
"The 415" is going away too... at least in its current form.

Utiltiies Commission holds first meeting on 628 area code plan | abc7news.com
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
8,461 posts, read 3,552,715 times
Reputation: 4864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
HEY! Don't dis The Duke. John Wayne was a neighbor of mine back in the 60s-70s. I knew John Wayne. He was a "towering" figure with national appeal compared to Harvey Milk.
But he was still just an entertainer.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,959 posts, read 15,734,561 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But he was still just an entertainer.
And Milk was just a camera shop owner and politician once describd in the New York Times as "a sad eyed man—another aging hippie with long, long hair, wearing faded jeans and pretty beads".

And your point is?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM
 
414 posts, read 331,290 times
Reputation: 423
A sad eyed man—another aging hippie with long, long hair, wearing faded jeans and pretty beads >>> Actor shooting at "Indians" in silly movies
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
8,461 posts, read 3,552,715 times
Reputation: 4864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And Milk was just a camera shop owner and politician once describd in the New York Times as "a sad eyed man—another aging hippie with long, long hair, wearing faded jeans and pretty beads".

And your point is?
He was also a trailblazer who led a generation of gay people out of the closet.

PS. John Wayne's real name was Marion. Just saying.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,959 posts, read 15,734,561 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
He was also a trailblazer who led a generation of gay people out of the closet.

PS. John Wayne's real name was Marion. Just saying.
Well aware of that. Thank his parents. In life he was actually larger than he appeared on screen and was a really nice, unpretentious guy - a better role model, in my mind, than someone who consisenty chose younger and younger temporary partners as his play-things.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
8,461 posts, read 3,552,715 times
Reputation: 4864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well aware of that. Thank his parents. In life he was actually larger than he appeared on screen and was a really nice, unpretentious guy - a better role model, in my mind, than someone who consisenty chose younger and younger temporary partners as his play-things.
As opposed to John Wayne's second and third wives, who were, respectively, 17 and 21 years his junior?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top