U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM

24,618 posts, read 30,058,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
You seem to know quite a bit about this. Are we sure that high cost prostitutes associate with violent thugs only in Oakland, and nowhere else? We await the evidence.
Your in for a loooooooooong wait. LOL

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM

5,614 posts, read 2,976,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Wish more people in this thread would be outraged about the gang war happening in Oakland.
Here is me being outraged:

Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM

941 posts, read 1,126,179 times
what is the world coming to when an ex-con can't associate with drug dealers and prostitutes without putting his life in danger?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Basically. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone.

When you commit a crime with a criminal, chances are they have friends.
I'm certainly surprised at this, all people have their vices, especially the wealthy ones, How many Hayward Hills residents do you think are involved in Oakland's drug trade? Even if it's just purchasing a personal supply from time to time? You don't hear about them getting murdered very often

Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 AM

15,682 posts, read 9,366,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Between Money Team and Ghost Town, and the multiple gangs they are warring with, they probably out number the police by a good number. So they probably can't round all of them

When civil authorities lose control of the situation, as in this case, that is justification for marshall law. Condon off the area controlled by the gangs, just as was done at Fallujah, warn residents to evacuate, verify ids, send the military in and arrest everyone until identification and release or internment, shoot those that resist. Put them out of business and retake our cities.
How long are we going to tolerate these gangs?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 AM

2,518 posts, read 1,529,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

When civil authorities lose control of the situation, as in this case, that is justification for marshall law. Condon off the area controlled by the gangs, just as was done at Fallujah, warn residents to evacuate, verify ids, send the military in and arrest everyone until identification and release or internment, shoot those that resist. Put them out of business and retake our cities.
How long are we going to tolerate these gangs?
Preaching to the choir. Bringing in the national guard would bring the crime rate down drastically.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 AM

327 posts, read 622,514 times
The State has been giving LOTS of money to combat gang violence in Oakland for YEARS. Things don't get better there. Someone other than the PD and the mayor need to take over figuring this out, because they haven't been successful. Project Ceasefire worked very well in Stockton over a decade ago, and then Stockton dropped the program, and well, look at Stockton now. Ceasefire is an evidence-based program that is proven to work. While Oakland is one of the implementing cities, they have not been successful. In California it is known as the Safe Community Partnership.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM

177 posts, read 212,194 times
I think what they need to do. Is stay with a single strait forwards strategy. Such as weed and feed. And not constantly be trying this and trying that. Which is wasteful with funding. And dos not allow enough time for anything to work. When I was in Iowa city. You never heard anything about issues with the police dept. (By the way. Average wait time for a response to a 911 call. At the west edge of town. (I know from experience. Having once had to call 911 due to a stroke in 2008.) Was about five minutes! And the distance to the police dept from the west side. Is roughly the same as the distance from one side to the other side of San Francisco. Iowa city by the way is a university town.) Seems like here in Oakland. (I moved here in 2011.) All you hear is complaints about the police. Why is this? Seems like things are a lot more disorganized and confused here. As far as government services are concerned. (Oh and no! Iowa city was Democrat. And has been since the sixty's. So you can't put the blame there.) Frankly with all this confusion, red tape, slow response by government agency's etc. I am ammazed that the crime rate is so low here! (Had this been Iowa city? The national guard would already be marching down the street. Cause of the rioting.)

Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM

34 posts, read 5,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyoung123 View Post
I think what they need to do. Is stay with a single strait forwards strategy. Such as weed and feed. And not constantly be trying this and trying that. Which is wasteful with funding. And dos not allow enough time for anything to work. When I was in Iowa city. You never heard anything about issues with the police dept. (By the way. Average wait time for a response to a 911 call. At the west edge of town. (I know from experience. Having once had to call 911 due to a stroke in 2008.) Was about five minutes! And the distance to the police dept from the west side. Is roughly the same as the distance from one side to the other side of San Francisco. Iowa city by the way is a university town.) Seems like here in Oakland. (I moved here in 2011.) All you hear is complaints about the police. Why is this? Seems like things are a lot more disorganized and confused here. As far as government services are concerned. (Oh and no! Iowa city was Democrat. And has been since the sixty's. So you can't put the blame there.) Frankly with all this confusion, red tape, slow response by government agency's etc. I am ammazed that the crime rate is so low here! (Had this been Iowa city? The national guard would already be marching down the street. Cause of the rioting.)
The problem Oakland is that the majority of the residents hate cops. So the Oakland police can't do their job and that is why they are in receivership.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,529,264 times
To be fair, Oakland residents have had little reason to trust Oakland PD in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland