U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 PM

721 posts, read 719,556 times

Advertisements

Me and a few Niner fan friends are looking at booking a reservation at a good sports bar/grill for the Super Bowl. We are thinking it would be smarter to do this than just winging it and show up somewhere. Any suggestions? I know it has been way too long when the city last felt the thrill of the Super Bowl. Some of us are tentatively planning on taking the Monday after the Super Bowl off. Of course assuming the 49ers win, I'm guessing there will be a lot of partying and celebrating throughout the city, even on a Sunday night. What is everyone's take on this? Has the city announced any tentative victory plans (i.e. certain streets to be blocked off for the crowds to celebrate, etc), in case the Niners win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM

7,779 posts, read 6,848,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
Has the city announced any tentative victory plans (i.e. certain streets to be blocked off for the crowds to celebrate, etc), in case the Niners win?
One would imagine that the local baseball team has shown the way for how victory parades will be conducted.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 PM

404 posts, read 438,180 times
Back in the nineties me a cousin would go bar hoping back and forth, there were some bars that would offer brunch or lunch; finally we got more and more friends involved and we started to host 49er House Parties. This was without any Super Bowls, the whole celebration was because the 49ers were that good; our prime time peak about 1997, I threw a few 49er swim parties at Casa Dolores. Overall the whole city will get pretty fired up and there will be bar parties house parties you name it.
If the 49er's win, the whole city will ignite like crazy, it's gonna get pretty wild especially down in the Mission.
San Francisco will have a Super Bowl Parade down on Market Street within a week and hundreds of thousands of people will line up the both sides of street. I'm betting 49ers to win it all.

The 49er's were the very first to lead the way when it came to Super Bowl Victory Parties, they've already done that FIVE TIMES! followed by the San Francisco Giants with two World Series Parades in this century so far.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM

5,245 posts, read 6,899,336 times
When the Giants won the WS in 2010, everyone was telling me the Niners victory celebrations were WAY bigger. And the Giants one was pretty massive!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM

404 posts, read 438,180 times
On my previous post I meant to say 49er Victory Parades not parties! but as far as the Giants are concern;in 2010 it was there first World Series Victory celebration in San Francisco.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,692,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
When the Giants won the WS in 2010, everyone was telling me the Niners victory celebrations were WAY bigger. And the Giants one was pretty massive!
geez, i cant imagine market and civic center being more packed than it was for the giants parades.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM

6,010 posts, read 3,662,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
One would imagine that the local baseball team has shown the way for how victory parades will be conducted.
LOL!
http://politicalfailblog.com/wp-cont...0/DSCN9039.jpg

Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM

7,779 posts, read 6,848,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Oh heavens, no! Niner fans wouldn't behave like that. That's only Raider fans!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM

507 posts, read 564,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
geez, i cant imagine market and civic center being more packed than it was for the giants parades.
Seriously. That was insane.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM

10,419 posts, read 13,967,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Oh heavens, no! Niner fans wouldn't behave like that. That's only Raider fans!
Well Niners fans have celebrated championships in the past, Giants fans just couldn't handle so much success in such a short amount of time after a half century of mediocrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland