Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM

116 posts, read 190,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
That's my point. Many of the current gen of football fans remember the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. VERY few remember when the Raiders were in the Bay Area before they went to L.A, that's why the 49ers are #1 right now even with their poor playoff contention chances earlier in the 2000s (they still sold out every game).

The Raiders on the other hand regularly get blacked out. Why is that?

As for the S.F Warriors deal, it's done and signed. You can have your opinion on that, but until the team owners say "it's not happening anymore", hope you don't mind if I disregard your theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
The Raiders on the other hand regularly get blacked out. Why is that?
The NFL has an archaic rule =) The past two seasons (16 games), they've only been blacked out twice, though. Why are they not being blacked out now? They actually started improving. And going back 3 seasons, I don't believe they were blacked out but in the early part of that 2010 season also. That was the year they went 8-8 under Cable. Granted, this season they weren't any good, but coming off an 8-8 campaign under Jackson, you had a lot of people grab season tickets expecting a possible return to form. Myself, I'm a Raiders season ticket holder and I'll renew next year. They're easy to sell when I can't go primarily because they're so cheap to buy from Oakland.

Quote:
As for the S.F Warriors deal, it's done and signed. You can have your opinion on that, but until the team owners say "it's not happening anymore", hope you don't mind if I disregard your theory.
No one actually believes the plan as it stands is viable, and since it's a relatively new plan, no one is going to say "it's not happening anymore." It'll get re-worked. Hell, maybe it'll even work. But this site was looked at before and deemed to be non-viable. What has changed? So if you ask why people in Oakland aren't as you say, fighting this thing harder, I think part of it is that the plan doesn't appear viable and thus isn't being taken by seriously. PM me a message and we can take bets on if the Warriors will still be playing at Oracle in 2017 and I will put my money where my mouth is. lol

Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
PM me a message and we can take bets on if the Warriors will still be playing at Oracle in 2017 and I will put my money where my mouth is. lol
I don't care when they play, but when the owner of the team comes out and says "We're going to San Francisco", I have no reason to doubt it will happen.

If you want to make a monetary bet on whether the Warriors will leave Oakland, I will make a bet on that.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,076 times
Cool, so at this point, it looks like Oakland will keep all three teams.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times

Old 01-29-2013, 03:10 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Yeah, the whole arena on a pier thing is so entirely unSanFranciscan that I still dont believe it will ever happen.

But you never know. Ed Less is uber pro development and I love that.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
As long as none of the proposals involves a dime of taxpayer money, go for it.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, the whole arena on a pier thing is so entirely unSanFranciscan that I still dont believe it will ever happen.

But you never know. Ed Less is uber pro development and I love that.
The California Coastal Commission isn't likely to be nearly as eager to accept this: A giant patty on a rebuilt pier on the Bay, blocking prime real estate...nope, not seeing it.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The California Coastal Commission isn't likely to be nearly as eager to accept this: A giant patty on a rebuilt pier on the Bay, blocking prime real estate...nope, not seeing it.
Yeah the notion we've been getting from officials that this is going to be 'fastracked' is ludicrous.

There are layers of opposing groups and environment concerns to contend with.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:16 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland