Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:47 AM

202 posts, read 532,198 times

Advertisements

Quoting is all jacked up on tapatalk. What I was talking about with the 880-238 merge was how the entire right lane can get backed up for miles and be stopped where traffic usually is going 70+ a minute before. The sudden stop is dangerous. That exit may be 45 but it used to be stopped. This was before the construction a couple years back. The point was stopped on the freeway is dangerous... not sure where you got me taking the exit at 75 from...

As for street racing.. I lost a friend in 2011 when their car was hit by someone who was racing. This wasn't even at an "event" just some random idiots on a busy street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,184 times
Sideshow Activity is rising in Oakland

Quote:
Despite a decade of cracking down by Oakland police, illegal street sideshows persist in the city and, in fact, appear to be on the rise again, after tailing off for a few years. And this time, Oakland does not have the personnel to flood the streets with police in order to try and stop it, as the city did back 10 years ago

COUNTERPOINTS: The sideshow resurgence and graffiti | Local: In Oakland | an SFGate.com blog

Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Okay so trolls please ignore this post:

So today around 345pm I was on 880 driving north going home(from Palo Alto)

So I was thinking about dinner and other trivialities, doing about 70ish in the fast lane when I notice in the mirror this Buick LaSabre racing in and out of lanes driving really fast and so in between 66th and High St my heart almost stops when I see it try to swerve in order to avoid hitting the car in the next lane when it spins around and hits this fence covered in ivy on the right hand side out of the freeway, where it comes to rest facing out toward the freeway...driver and passengers all seemed okay, but the car looked stuck.

I was so shocked that no other cars were involved-that was truly amazing. Several cars slowed down and everyone was shaking their heads(literally in unison)

Then I remember welling up in rage that some people could be so callous and reckless as to endanger the lives of others. My mom and dad who are elderly and sick drive on that roadway frequently. I remember thinking what if they were next to the car as it swerved and what if one of my loved ones were hit or injured.

I was P'Od for the rest of the drive home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland