U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM

396 posts, read 359,655 times

Advertisements

Years ago I thought I heard of a beach in SF where you can be nekkid. Is there such a beach?

HUGz! Jules
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 AM

6,805 posts, read 1,464,919 times
Well, I've never been to a nude beach, but it seems there's a few in the SF area.

Golden Gate Bridge Beach - Nude Beach Info Map and Reviews - Golden Gate Bridge Nude Beach - San Francisco California

Seems like it would be a bit chilly to me though, hehe.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:08 AM

396 posts, read 359,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Well, I've never been to a nude beach, but it seems there's a few in the SF area.

Golden Gate Bridge Beach - Nude Beach Info Map and Reviews - Golden Gate Bridge Nude Beach - San Francisco California

Seems like it would be a bit chilly to me though, hehe.
ROFL

I arrive to the East Bay Area in two days, and haven't been to the SF area for like 28 years, so I am clueless.

My plan was to be in Jamaica this February, but since we're relocating instead, I want to sit nekkid on a beach .... Even if just for a few minutes, with a cup of hot cocoa! hahahaha

Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM

2,840 posts, read 1,769,961 times
Baker Beach is well known. Give it a couple of months to warm up, though. There are numerous festivals coming up to get your nude on in the City, too. But the Golden Age of being naked outdoors here has passed.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Baker Beach is well known. Give it a couple of months to warm up, though. There are numerous festivals coming up to get your nude on in the City, too. But the Golden Age of being naked outdoors here has passed.
Yeah. I didn't want to shock her though. Let her start off gently with her hot cocoa.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM

8,576 posts, read 3,866,589 times
It's supposed to be in the 60s and sunny later this week. Even at the beach.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
It's supposed to hit 62 here today in Fresno.

I looked outside and the roses are growing already. This is a pain cause I have to start tending them earlier than normal.

Enjoy the nice weather.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM

861 posts, read 807,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Outside of the "Indian summer" (Sept-Oct), I personally think late winter/early spring is the best time to head to the beach/coast. It can be perfectly sunny, surprisingly warm (especially in the sun), and not very windy. I always plan my long coastal hikes/backpacking trips for this time of year.

Since there isn't an extreme temperature gradient between the coast and the central valley (where it can be 50 at the coast and 100 in Sacramento), you also don't get the ridiculous winds on the coast as consistently. And since it's been so dry this winter, it's been perfectly clear for weeks on end at the coast.

The time not to go is when most people would think you'd want to go: summer (May - Aug). It's consistently brisk (high 50's/low 60's), generally pretty windy, and often quite foggy.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 PM

25 posts, read 40,463 times
SF until recently had no laws banning public nudity, so technically any beach could be a nude beach. Just as any street corner could be a nude street corner. That said, most of the beach nudists were found out at the north end of Baker Beach. There were always several naked men there, often playing volleyball. The corner of Castro and Market was also quite popular with naked men.

However, a couple of months ago the city council passed a ban on public nudity in SF. I don't really know how heavily enforced it is, but I think you may have just missed your public nudity opportunity.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 PM

33,499 posts, read 19,378,858 times
People create nude beaches on an ad hoc basis. Go to a secluded beach with your friends, and bingo! You can have yourselves whatever experience you want. AFAIK, there are no designated areas. Wing it. That's half the fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland