Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ew-toll-system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times
i travel to northern ca twice a year, sometimes i do go across the golden gate. soooo, with my out of state plates, how long do you think it'll take the california dmv to find me? it took me 3 years after moving out of the state for that same dmv to STOP trying to collect registration fees for my vehicle.

i can see this is going to be a paperwork nightmare to keep up with.....

Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Judging by how E-Z Pass is handled in the Northeast, it'll be easy to toll evade as a company, hard as an individual.

Port Authority lets big-time toll evaders get away owing millions for bridge and tunnel crossings - NYPOST.com

Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
I still wish they'd allow us to swipe debit cards when we cross bridges but then I have fast pass. LOL

Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
Judging by how E-Z Pass is handled in the Northeast, it'll be easy to toll evade as a company, hard as an individual.

Port Authority lets big-time toll evaders get away owing millions for bridge and tunnel crossings - NYPOST.com
That's ridiculous. Corruption at its worst.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
That's ridiculous. Corruption at its worst.
If you think that's egregious corruption.... you've obviously never worked in NY/NJ/PA

Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,463 times
That sounds like the most backassward set-up possible. They'll mail everyone invoices and expect you to go online and pay your tolls retroactively? Rental car agencies are gonna love this!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM

25 posts, read 32,756 times
this is just dumb.

they'll have to hire EXTRA office people to keep up with all the paperwork and mailing. and they were trying to save $$$.
PLEASE. whos going to go the extra distance for people out of state, those who recently moved, rentals, and tourists?

it'll only take a month before all their work gets pushed farther and farther back. and everyone will be swamped.
bearacratic mess.

dont fix whats not broken. this is seriously a step down.
the only people benefitting from this mess is the USPS.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM

622 posts, read 1,146,096 times
This is completely retarded. What if you're driving a rental? That car is registered to the company, sooooooooooooooooo the driver is never going to get the ticket or the invoice. The ticket is going straight to Avis or whatever company. The driver is then going to get dinged weeks out AND get processing fees from the rental company.

(Yes, the rentals I drive now have the FastPass set up BUT rental companies charge a fee for that too; they get you coming and going. Now I'll have to turn that on just to be safe and that sucks.)

This is completely stupid and provincial. I can understand going mostly digital but they need to have a couple of gates with real people for a back-up.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwalton View Post
This is completely retarded. What if you're driving a rental? That car is registered to the company, sooooooooooooooooo the driver is never going to get the ticket or the invoice. The ticket is going straight to Avis or whatever company. The driver is then going to get dinged weeks out AND get processing fees from the rental company.

(Yes, the rentals I drive now have the FastPass set up BUT rental companies charge a fee for that too; they get you coming and going. Now I'll have to turn that on just to be safe and that sucks.)

This is completely stupid and provincial. I can understand going mostly digital but they need to have a couple of gates with real people for a back-up.
This is exactly the way it has been in New York for a long time, and yes, rental agencies make a killing. It wouldn't surprise me if they were somehow involved in this change as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland