Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 PM

767 posts, read 1,738,410 times

Advertisements

If you move to Pacifica or anywhere it's foggy and you have light skin, be warned. The sun's UV rays will go right through those clouds.

If you move to Pacifica or anywhere it's foggy and you have dark skin, be warned. You can be getting unhealthy doses of UV and not be as aware of it because you won't be lobsterized as will be the suffering light-skinned people.

IMO, Pacifica and Daly City are both great because you're close to SF but you're not actually in SF. That means you aren't subject to the stupid welfare and experimental social engineering laws that SF likes to pass nor will be you subject to any resultant increased cost of living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 AM

38 posts, read 125,417 times
Pacifica is beautiful, but as others have said, not a lot to do there. BART only goes as far as Daly City and if you have to go into the City every day, you really would want to take BART. Coming from the East Coast you might want to check out Alameda. It's super cute, lots of boutiques and old Victorians like in MD & VA (there are lots of Victorians other places too, but they're either in Scaryville or else they're $5-10K per month) it's easy access to Oakland & SF and there the Fruitvale BART isn't far. It's fairly expensive for the most part, but still way less than a lot of places in Pacifica and has a lot of cultural and community activities plus you can see the city lights from several places around Alameda.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM

157 posts, read 217,327 times
If you are worried about fog and are thinking about Pacifica, focus on Vallemar and Linda Mar.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 14,615 times
For some reason, the system didn't let me to thank individually but really thank you all for taking time and sharing what you know. Well, I decided to apply for Fall Semester which will start in September and I will be coming to the SF area end of July. It is gonna give more time to do a detailed research. Hopefully I will find something reasonable and affordable. I will be asking you guys again.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM

569 posts, read 776,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Pacifica is more foggy than Daly City. However, it is not year round. It's maybe 25% of the year at least during the day. When it comes to night, it would be fair to say it's foggy more than half of the year, but it doesn't really matter too much at night. All of San Francisco will be cold on those nights.
This blanket statement is too much of a generalization, because it depends on what part of each city you're talking about. Both have foggy and less foggy areas. for example coastal Daly City is much foggier than Southern Pacifica and the valleys, but nnothern Pacifica is foggier than "top of the Hill" area.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 AM

47 posts, read 271,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, anyone living in the Richmond area would live in Point Richmond, which is different from Richmond, in a good way. But that's way too far from SF, if that's where the OP is going to work.
okay, so say you live in Pt. Richmond. I've visited the area and considering moving there. But where would you buy groceries to avoid the thugs? Surely I don't have to drive all the way to Berkeley for a decent coop or whole foods do I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland