Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,329,222 times

Advertisements

Hey…look….. I found the temp summery for last December in Southern Connecticut (NWS Bridgeport), I was right….it was in the mid 50’s on December 18th. Most of the month the highs were in the 40’s and 50’s….look at that - it even hit 70 F on the first day of December ……when was it you actually lived in the Tri-State area?……..did you really see snow on the ground when it was 45 or 50 F?. Wow, that’s weird…….. ….huh….………..
Attached Files
File Type: txt National Weather Service - Climate Data.txt (6.1 KB, 212 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 04:20 PM

374 posts, read 1,850,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
If you want to see pictures of the Tri State area last winter – I’d be happy to supply you with them………

Here is Saybrook Point, Connecticut on December 18th (friends came down from Chicago so we took some pictures). I think the temp was in the mid-50 ‘s. Did you ever see such a blue sky – …………gee you must have caught some awful bad winters in a row when you lived in the the Tri-State area…….bad luck I guess…..

Another good one of Saybrook Point, CT - Notice how people are bundled-up in parkas, hoods, snow boots, ski masks, gloves, goggles to combat the subzero weather……

Here is one of the beach in Madison, Connecticut on December 18th (note no leaves on trees) what was that, snow, black, ice scrappers ………anyway.

Anyway – If you want any other pictures of the East Coast from southern Rhode Island to Key West - I would be happy to supply them……
Hmmmm....that's interesting - if you look at the last picture you can definitely see light and bright green on the trees (not the evergreens), which indicates it was probably spring...late April/early May is my guess. Nice try.

Also, that's one day. I can go and pull up days where it was in the 50's in Minneapolis in the middle of winter. Here's some info from one month later in New Haven:

January 17, 2007: 26 degrees
January 18, 2007: 37 degrees
January 19, 2007: 41 degrees
January 20, 2007: 32 degrees

February 5, 2007: 19 degrees

The highest temperature in February was 44 and that was the last day of the month. Most of the month was in the low 20s to mid 30s.

March 6 and March 7: 21 degrees

Like I said, cold and barren winters!

The high for Bridgeport on 12/1/2006 was 64 degrees. Still very nice, but not low 70s.

Looks like Bridgeport's winters are up and down between the low 20s and mid 40s (with a day or two in the upper 40s, and one 52 in January 2007) - mostly, it looks to be in the mid 20s to lower 30s - cold and barren.

Last edited by beone; 11-01-2007 at 04:33 PM..

Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM

The climate summery mad you mad huh......Moderator cut: Personal attack/trolling

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-02-2007 at 01:24 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The climate summery mad you mad huh......Moderator cut: Personal Attack/trolling
Not at all. I pulled those facts off the internet. Actual tempuratures from CT last winter. I love how you use only the warm days and averages in your argument. It's called an average because it's an average. If it's 0 degrees today and 100 degrees tomorrow, the average is 50 degrees. Does that help illustrate it to you? I know very well, after spending most of my life in winter climates, that it does get above average and it does get way below average. So, yes, it is COLD as the dickens in the North East in winter. Sorry my friend...you cannot deny.

Furthermore, you can CLEARLY see the early leaves budding on the trees in your last photo. That is an early to mid-spring photo - no doubt. Trees don't start budding in CT in December.

You don't give facts - you construe statistics to try to win your argument, and you fail. I can't even believe any one would try to argue that winters aren't cold in Connecticut.

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-02-2007 at 01:25 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,157,024 times
Quote:
So remember - don’t let the next seven months of cold, raw, foggy, rainy weather get you down.
I won't.

Have a nice day.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Not at all. I pulled those facts off the internet. Actual tempuratures from CT last winter. I love how you use only the warm days and averages in your argument. It's called an average because it's an average. If it's 0 degrees today and 100 degrees tomorrow, the average is 50 degrees. Does that help illustrate it to you? I know very well, after spending most of my life in winter climates, that it does get above average and it does get way below average. So, yes, it is COLD as the dickens in the North East in winter. Sorry my friend...you cannot deny.

Furthermore, you can CLEARLY see the early leaves budding on the trees in your last photo. That is an early to mid-spring photo - no doubt. Trees don't start budding in CT in December.

You don't give facts - you construe statistics to try to win your argument, and you fail. I can't even believe any one would try to argue that winters aren't cold in Connecticut.
Moderator cut: Personal Attack

You win – the East Coast sucks, it’s always blizzards and hurricanes, humidity…….and the West Coast is perfect 24/7. You made me see the light!

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-02-2007 at 01:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 PM

479 posts, read 1,233,920 times
Smile FT Lauderdale

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Ft. Lauderdale. Some friends of mine moved there after college, but my parents guilt tripped me into staying near them in Pittsburgh. I probably would have moved there for awhile. I love the warm ocean.

I live now in the San Fernando Valley of LA, and I know that CA has better overall weather and variety, but there are still things I miss about the east coast. I really haven't spent much time in FL to see how the people compare to CA. Oh well, I met and married someone from CA and you bloom where you are planted!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Personal Attack
You win – the East Coast sucks, it’s always blizzards and hurricanes, humidity…….and the West Coast is perfect 24/7. You made me see the light!
Moderator cut: Orphaned

I never said the east coast sucks. I love Boston, I love New York City, and New England is gorgeous in the fall. There's a lot to love about both coasts, and I believe I said that in another thread. I'm merely, calmly and rationally, countering your view on winters. I don't like cold winters. Still, I imagine if I were ever to leave SF, NYC would definitely be considered...despite that it's cold in the winter.

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-02-2007 at 01:28 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgirl49 View Post
I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Ft. Lauderdale. Some friends of mine moved there after college, but my parents guilt tripped me into staying near them in Pittsburgh. I probably would have moved there for awhile. I love the warm ocean.

I live now in the San Fernando Valley of LA, and I know that CA has better overall weather and variety, but there are still things I miss about the east coast. I really haven't spent much time in FL to see how the people compare to CA. Oh well, I met and married someone from CA and you bloom where you are planted!
I did enjoy seeing those pics as well. It made me a little sad today, because I loved visiting my grandparents in Ft. Lauderdale (I miss them and miss those times in my life). My mothers family moved there (from Canada) when she was 16. She hated Florida and moved to Buffalo, NY (of all places) when she was 18. Now (she's in Wisconsin), she wishes she never left Florida. Ft. Lauderdale will always have a special place in my heart.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:32 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,795,449 times
Please everyone - refrain from using personal attacks or inflammatory statements to make your points. I have edited a few posts to keep things civil, and I'd appreciate not having to do anymore work on this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland