U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM

27,139 posts, read 29,539,194 times

Advertisements

I've only got one motto: ABQ: Anyone besides Quan!!!!!

Oakland Local is exploring some of the potentials.
List Of Possible Challengers To Oakland Mayor Quan Begins To Emerge (Analysis) | Oakland Local

I had Joe Tubman on my list. But Oakland does need someone well connected to help with the development goals. And someone who knows how to delegate and allow department leaders to take ownership and make their own decisions. Quan doesn't delegate and doesn't take responsibility for her decisions. A terrible combo. She is quick to thrown someone under the bus when something goes wrong, and doesn't step up to the plate when it is time to make decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,572,161 times
What about Peralta? Is he up for it? Or De La Garza?

I'd agree, Quan has been really ham-fisted as a mayor.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM

343 posts, read 372,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What about Peralta? Is he up for it? Or De La Garza?
Perata? De La Fuente?

Old 05-17-2013, 05:55 PM

thanks for the corrections - how did I mangle those names?

Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 PM

9,197 posts, read 13,970,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What about Peralta? Is he up for it?

Yep, he's up for it.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 05-20-2013 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: mod cut - copyright kcet

Old 05-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Ha ha, good one! Though my mistake in retrospect is understandable, as Peralta is a pretty prominent name in the East Bay, a community college and an elementary school are named that.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:15 PM

12,193 posts, read 10,368,848 times
Perata is corrupt, and DLF has no chance after being voted out of the city council. Oakland politics needs new blood, and not another celebrity politician who's looking to slum it for four years.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 PM

220 posts, read 460,662 times
From the article:
One high-profile name you won’t see running for mayor in 2014, according to Democratic insiders, is Councilmember Rebecca Kaplan.

One can only hope. ABQ...ABK...I can't deal with anymore soft-pedaling on the safety issue. I just cannot.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,393 times
Default Please think when voting

Silverkris ~ Joe Tuman is an incredible candidate for Mayor of Oakland. Mr. Tuman has many connections in the State and Federal government to accomplish things that need to happen in Oakland. A lot more connections than the past two Mayors, Quan and Delums. Also, Joe Tuman is financially secure and will not increase his pay rate as Ron Delums did the first day as Mayor of Oakland, and Quan has also given herself a raise. You will not be seeing any of that with Mr. Tuman, it is not necessary. He is running for money, he is running because he sees the potential in Oakland. He is dedicated to his community, shown by all the organizations he is a part of and has created for Oakland. He is an excellent Leader, and his main focus is on public safety, which is the first priority for this city. Others mentioned Don Perata. I lived down the street from Don Perata in Alameda. I want to share with you there were several times that police were called to his house due to either him or his family members getting in trouble with the law. He was taken away for beating his wife, and eventually she left for that specific reason. That is the last personality type that Oakland needs as an example of Leadership, the last. Please think before you vote this time. Oakland is now going into a fast free fall. One more bad Mayor and there will be nothing left in that town.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 AM

343 posts, read 372,716 times
Dellums spent 30 years in Congress; I doubt Tuman has more or better connections than he had. Not that it mattered for Oakland.

I'm on the anyone-but-Quan boat now. I'm cautiously optimistic about Tuman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland