Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 AM

18,965 posts, read 32,487,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
In n' Out is ok for the price and for fast food. But I never liked their fries, they're like styrofoam (kinda weird considering they brag about how fresh and natural they are) and their burgers are super greasy. But certainly their burgers are better than BK's and way better than McD's or Wendy's...but I'd rather go for BK fries.

The Habit is a few bucks more than InO (like $6.50 for a burger, fries and a drink) and imo is way better. It's still fast food and the burger isn't that big, but all around their food is just really satisfying.
That's simply how non frozen fries taste. If you get them well done they are usually are a better as long as they don't make them too well done. I think they've gotten a little better over the years and are more consistent, before they could vary a lot depending on the batch of potatoes they got.

The Habit is pretty average and meh to me, no better or really worse than In-n-Out.

Since is the Bay Area and many people seem to care about freshness of ingredients and workers pay/benefits, you probably won't get any better than In-N-Out in that regard, at least for fast food.

I'd also give a nod to Nation's, pretty good imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That's simply how non frozen fries taste. If you get them well done they are usually are a better as long as they don't make them too well done. I think they've gotten a little better over the years and are more consistent, before they could vary a lot depending on the batch of potatoes they got.

The Habit is pretty average and meh to me, no better or really worse than In-n-Out.

Since is the Bay Area and many people seem to care about freshness of ingredients and workers pay/benefits, you probably won't get any better than In-N-Out in that regard, at least for fast food.

I'd also give a nod to Nation's, pretty good imo.
Yes! I forgot about Nation's. That was a favorite during my time in the East Bay.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,043,351 times
Another decent out of the way place I found was the "1/4lb Giant Burger" place in the Dimond District in Oakland. Really tasty and cheap burgers.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Another decent out of the way place I found was the "1/4lb Giant Burger" place in the Dimond District in Oakland. Really tasty and cheap burgers.
Is this different from Nation's? They both have a kind of coffee shop look, right? I assumed they were once affiliated, but maybe split?

Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 PM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times
Nations is a lot better than they used to be. Ask for grilled onions!!!!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,043,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Is this different from Nation's? They both have a kind of coffee shop look, right? I assumed they were once affiliated, but maybe split?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,791,648 times
If we're still talking fast and cheap, when in San Jose:

or

Burger Bar = our White Castle

Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM

675 posts, read 1,186,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
If we're still talking fast and cheap, when in San Jose:

or

Burger Bar = our White Castle
Really like Foster Freeze's shakes, never had their burgers.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 39,822 times
burgers are grossssss.... when I was fifteen I was sent to C.Y.A for assaulting a police officer (GBI). while there in Ione ca, I was sent to Preston Youth Correctional Facility and after a year of good time I applied to be sent to this culinary arts program located there in the institution. All the inmates where so happy that not only did we receive 60 cents a day,( which was a lot of money compared to 15 cents in the regular kitchen that fed all the inmates),but, we where rewarded with a HAMBURGER which was made by a true chef. I opted to eat Tuna because I was a workout beast and knew what protein was. Everyone was in a state of shock( I cant believe you would eat tuna over a burger) was there mantra. Im 33 now and still look like I did when I was there... Tuna works.. Burgers kill..

Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,791,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTekkVerse View Post
burgers are grossssss.... when I was fifteen I was sent to C.Y.A for assaulting a police officer (GBI). while there in Ione ca, I was sent to Preston Youth Correctional Facility and after a year of good time I applied to be sent to this culinary arts program located there in the institution. All the inmates where so happy that not only did we receive 60 cents a day,( which was a lot of money compared to 15 cents in the regular kitchen that fed all the inmates),but, we where rewarded with a HAMBURGER which was made by a true chef. I opted to eat Tuna because I was a workout beast and knew what protein was. Everyone was in a state of shock( I cant believe you would eat tuna over a burger) was there mantra. Im 33 now and still look like I did when I was there... Tuna works.. Burgers kill..
OK.
Might be a case of TMI there, but meanwhile, many of us eat burgers and are neither dead, nor have been incarcerated for assaulting police officers. But we can debate the state of overfishing by the tuna industry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland