Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,077,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That's simply how non frozen fries taste.
I've had non-frozen fries many times at proper burger places, including proper British-style chips, and they never tasted or felt like styrofoam like InO's do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 PM

493 posts, read 783,230 times
good call on fosters freeze, true 20th century californiana

if anybody ever feels like "mannin' up" go for a 6x6: 6 patties, and 6 slices of cheese. i felt like i shoulda gotta a tshirt or my pic on the wall for finishing mine the time i tried it.

not a bay area place, as theyre only in san jose, but mojo burger is my next favorite to in n out

and a big shout out to the posters trashing five guys, i eventually found a burger that i liked ok, but theres no getting around their fries were more like noodles, just gross.

even further outside the bay area, i like to hit up the sonic whenever we go down to gilroy, i like the novelty of it, quality wise its def'ly not up there with in n out, and theres a REAL A&W down in hollister, where they still stick the tray in your window and everything, worth it just for the nostalgia.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
good call on fosters freeze, true 20th century californiana

if anybody ever feels like "mannin' up" go for a 6x6: 6 patties, and 6 slices of cheese. i felt like i shoulda gotta a tshirt or my pic on the wall for finishing mine the time i tried it.

not a bay area place, as theyre only in san jose, but mojo burger is my next favorite to in n out

and a big shout out to the posters trashing five guys, i eventually found a burger that i liked ok, but theres no getting around their fries were more like noodles, just gross.

even further outside the bay area, i like to hit up the sonic whenever we go down to gilroy, i like the novelty of it, quality wise its def'ly not up there with in n out, and theres a REAL A&W down in hollister, where they still stick the tray in your window and everything, worth it just for the nostalgia.
The bolded part sounds really cool. I love getting their root beer from those fake barrels they have, lol. I like Sonic as well, unfortunately we don't have Sonic OR A&W back east, or at least in NYC. We do have Johnny Rockets and Checkers, and I'm not a fan of either. I'd take In-N-Out over them any day of the week. I'll be getting In-N-Out on July 15th :-), I get to SF on vacation late on July 14th.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 AM

enjoy your stay out here ttocs

since you mentioned sonic and A &W, if you should make it over to the east bay at all ,there is a sonic in hayward, and one up in american canyon, which isnt to far from wine country at all. on the other end of wine country, there use to be a real a & w in healdsburg, i moved away from there in the late 90s, hopefully its still up there.

also if in the east bay, one must try kaspers/caspers (two different brands now, due to a conflict between 2 of the siblings) hot dogs. miss me sum crunchy dogs.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
enjoy your stay out here ttocs

since you mentioned sonic and A &W, if you should make it over to the east bay at all ,there is a sonic in hayward, and one up in american canyon, which isnt to far from wine country at all. on the other end of wine country, there use to be a real a & w in healdsburg, i moved away from there in the late 90s, hopefully its still up there.

also if in the east bay, one must try kaspers/caspers (two different brands now, due to a conflict between 2 of the siblings) hot dogs. miss me sum crunchy dogs.
Thanks Cousin ! Though I love A&W, when I'm in Wine Country, my favorite Burger Joint is Gott's Roadside. I also eat at the one in the Ferry Building in SF. Love their Cheddar Bacon Burgers, and their garlic fries and sweet potato fries. They also have great shakes.

In fact, last time to SF, did a wine tour that had a picnic lunch at V Sattui (my favorite winery), had a tri-tip sandwich (they don't have tri-tip back east), some wine, and some prawns. The tour leaves you at the Ferry Building, I had the nerve to eat at Gott's Roadside for dinner, lol. What a fattening day.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 PM

32 posts, read 53,623 times
The Cable Car on Mission Street & Silver in the City, their burgers are expensive as heck, but very good, and their milkshakes are to die for!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:04 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
More San Jose/South Bay burgers (since we're going a bit beyond 'fast'):

Old 06-25-2013, 02:38 PM

God, now I want a burger, lol

Old 06-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post

THX 4 reminding me the kirks by my inlaws place closed down, G*d i miss that place, especially the onion fries or whatever there called.

i know there are other Kirk's, but the other 2 are too far out of the way to justify a special trip.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM

560 posts, read 581,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post

There used to be more Juicy Burger joints, its too bad because that was one tasty burger with customers taking care of their own fixings. I need to visit one soon, its been a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland