Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,852,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
What a ridiculous argument. Which 'sounds' better? Hahaha

And Clorox is a great name.
I guess it's just as ridiculous as defending Oakland without any reference to the money part...but what do I know

Quote:
Its laughable when people who are clearly biased towards one side pretend that they are some objective observer with no preference one way or another.

#Own_it
I am biased towards SJ, nothing new. Would I be OK with Oakland ballpark, ABSOLUTELY. I've been OK with an Oakland ballpark for the last 23 years (even when it's an absolute sh1thole), I don't see any problems continuing.

Awww, Twitter tag. That's cute! SF influence is flowing into your Town now, how charming! Hahhaha!

#BeatADeadHorse ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Outside of IT professionals and computer geeks who would care about Cisco?
Yeah, that's what I asked the Parisian that asked me if I work for Cisco when I told her I was from San Jose *shrugs*

Her answer: If you're from Cisco, please tell your management that you guys make ****ty office phones.

True story She's in finance, by the way. Just a stranger I talked to on the Metro.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No I have no issues with SV. my first job was PR for networking. Trying to explain it to people outside of tech was pulling teeth. Later I worked in storage networking. That was worse. I have been trying to explain the cloud to my dad now for 4 years. He recently had an epiphany that Salesforce is an online database.

The who is irrelevant. The total name is more important. Clorox or Cisco Coliseum are pretty equivalent in catchiness with alliteration. Clorox Park and Cisco Park don't have a ring to it. Facebook Park might. Who knows. There is no definitive better or worse for naming rights. There isn't a good brand tie in for anyone. It s all just ego. I don't care who names any sports arena.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
I do agree with ya that at the end of day, it's irrelevant. It's really only the money that counts. In that case, Cisco Field and their already-declared $120 million naming rights would do it for me

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,314,928 times
No specifics about site cleanup which cannot simply remain capped by asphault, no specifics about financing (other than suggesting PSLs), talking up a view of San Francisco and the bridge instead of Alameda and the cranes, suggesting past Oakland leadership was less competent than Quan, implied that the port's massive drop in business was actually a good thing, actually tried to justify moving jobs to Pleasanton by citing earthquake faultlines...

He really excels over Wolff in being CEO as a public face, though. He served up everything Oaklanders wanted to hear. "Negotiation over litigation," right out of Sarah Palin's Mad Libs playbook.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I do agree with ya that at the end of day, it's irrelevant. It's really only the money that counts. In that case, Cisco Field and their already-declared $120 million naming rights would do it for me
Yes that was 4 years ago apparently not impressive enough for MLB to give the green light.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
No specifics about site cleanup which cannot simply remain capped by asphault, no specifics about financing (other than suggesting PSLs), talking up a view of San Francisco and the bridge instead of Alameda and the cranes, suggesting past Oakland leadership was less competent than Quan, implied that the port's massive drop in business was actually a good thing, actually tried to justify moving jobs to Pleasanton by citing earthquake faultlines...

He really excels over Wolff in being CEO as a public face, though. He served up everything Oaklanders wanted to hear. "Negotiation over litigation," right out of Sarah Palin's Mad Libs playbook.
#Facts_Are_Not_Allowed_In_This_Conversation

Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,766,595 times
I think we all agree MLB Ned's to put or shut up so we can get some sort of ball rolling. Limbo land is frustrating.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Yes that was 4 years ago apparently not impressive enough for MLB to give the green light.
I believe it was the Giants that are giving us the hard time, our obstructions certainly isn't coming from Oakland

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM

36,641 posts, read 67,289,763 times
All of these unbiased, objective A's fans who are only in this for the pure love of the sport and coincidentally happen to live in San Jose are so admirable, I'm almost blinded by the brilliance of your saintliness.

lol

Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think we all agree MLB Ned's to put or shut up so we can get some sort of ball rolling. Limbo land is frustrating.

Exactly. This is why my city sued. Let's get an answer, be it YES or NO. Everyone can move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland