Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,472,171 times

Advertisements

Well, go on witcha ya bad selves.

Best Abs
1. San Francisco, CA
2. Oakland, CA
3. Austin, TX
4. Boston, MA
5. Washington, DC
6. Portland, OR
7. Santa Ana, CA
8. Anaheim, CA
9. Seattle, WA
10. Sacramento, CA

Worst Flab
1. St. Louis, MO
2. Cleveland, OH
3. Memphis, TN
4. Jacksonville, FL
5. Detroit, MI
6. Virginia Beach, VA
7. El Paso, TX
8. Buffalo, NY
9. Indianapolis, IN
10. Oklahoma City,
The Cities with the Best Abs, Worst Flab - MSN Health & Fitness - Diet & Fitness (http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100164993 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 PM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times
LOL... wish somebody had told that to MY body.

And to those who call us freaky hippies, this is where Yoga & Pilates get you!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 PM

605 posts, read 865,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well, go on witcha ya bad selves.
LOL

Santa Ana???? Pushing, drug pushing that is--They must mean Anaheim Hills.... ya think?
Yup - Yoga got me in Marin County

Old 11-10-2007, 12:19 AM

125 posts, read 208,906 times
Quote:
Best Abs
1. San Francisco, CA
2. Oakland, CA
3. Austin, TX
4. Boston, MA
5. Washington, DC
6. Portland, OR
7. Santa Ana, CA
8. Anaheim, CA
9. Seattle, WA
10. Sacramento, CA

Worst Flab
1. St. Louis, MO
2. Cleveland, OH
3. Memphis, TN
4. Jacksonville, FL
5. Detroit, MI
6. Virginia Beach, VA
7. El Paso, TX
8. Buffalo, NY
9. Indianapolis, IN
10. Oklahoma City,
The Cities with the Best Abs, Worst Flab - MSN Health & Fitness - Diet & Fitness
What's next, Best Racks in America? Cities Featuring the Largest Male Endowments?

I mean, just how does one gauge this type thing? I can see it now: a team of researchers combing the urban jungles, asking people to lift up their shirts or drop trou... Out come the measuring tapes, the appropriate notes are taken, a few "oohs" and "aahs" or "ewwws"; then a perfunctory "Thank you for participating in our survey!"

Here's the real truth about 6-packed body rockers and shapeless Michelin men and women: you have a whole lotta each in every city. Some choose to flaunt what they have or the lack thereof. Some sculpt their hard bodies by unnatural means (drugs, starvation, plastic surgery), and their results are thus specious, temporary, and in some cases just gross. You may never see a large portion of either faction out and about. Some of the most fit cover up out of modesty; some surely rebuff the researchers' scrutiny.

By and large, good climates are going to promote more and better exercising -- but not always. See: Jacksonville, Florida. Wherever you have dense pockets of young people, you are likely to have higher returns of fit individuals -- but not always. See: certain university campuses in the Midwest, in the Northeast. Availability to an array of outdoors activities would appear to encourage fitness -- but not always. See: much of Appalachia. There are exceptions to every rule.

Therefore, I have concluded that these type of surveys and the resulting "data" are mind-numbing and basically useless. If I want to be healthy in New Orleans, Louisiana of all places -- which typically scores poorly in health surveys due to the party-hardy mentality, propensity to consume heavily buttered Creole foods, and sweltering, uncomfortable weather -- by God, I will be! (Actually, I have: when I lived there, I was up to jogging 10 miles a day -- a personal best; and my abs were pretty doggone hard for a thirty-something. Conversely, I was at my flabbiest when living in the San Francisco Bay Area.)

I'm growing weary of data-oriented threads. You know what they say: "Lies, damn lies, and data." Wait a minute, this is city-DATA.com. I'm pissing up a flagpole.

How cold must it be outside for a stream of **** to freeze into a golden rope attaching me to the flagpole?

Last edited by san phlegmatico; 11-10-2007 at 12:57 AM..

Old 11-10-2007, 12:20 AM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Of course these surveys are a bunch of baloney... but they are amusing, and have some logic to them (which you touched on).

Old 11-10-2007, 05:26 AM

470 posts, read 1,707,319 times
Hooey!

Best abs are in San Diego and Miami.

(Who can forget, L.A. face with an Oakland bootie?)

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Of course these surveys are a bunch of baloney... but they are amusing, and have some logic to them (which you touched on).
totally.

I think they pull city names out of a hat....but it seems the same cities get pulled everytime-perhaps there's something to it

Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzer View Post
Hooey!

Best abs are in San Diego and Miami.
The best retired abs maybe....LOLjk

Old 11-11-2007, 12:43 AM

605 posts, read 865,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by san phlegmatico View Post
What's next, Best Racks in America? Cities Featuring the Largest Male Endowments?
OMG!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO - you know it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland