Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That might have been true twenty years ago but there's a lot of apartments now on Ygnaico Valley Rd, Civic Dr., N. California Blvd, Oak Rd, off of Broadway, etc. Basically the whole area sandwiched between the two BART stations and the area close to them are littered with apartments. Many more than what a person finds in Creekside. But by all means, look in Creekside too, it's a nice area.
They've built one complex on YV within walking distance to WC BART, it's condo's too, in the last 20 years. There is that one complex where The Counter is on California that's newer. They haven't built anything on Civic Dr in the last 20 years aside from a new complex still under construction on the old Longs Drugs HQ site. That whole area really hasn't changed a lot residential wise in the last 20 years imo, just a few new complexes here and there. Oak Rd is pretty apartment heavy but that's PH BART and most of it's been built out for at least 15 years with some smaller complexes here and there being built more recently.

PH BART has a lot more apartments within walking distance of BART than WC. But since the OP isn't commuting by BART I'm not sure how much that matters. I liked living within walking distance of PH BART but it's boring and very quiet in that area. For Walnut Creek there are just a lot more options over by the library/Walker Ave and Creekside than there are next to WC BART.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:57 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They've built one complex on YV within walking distance to WC BART, it's condo's too, in the last 20 years. There is that one complex where The Counter is on California. They haven't built anything on Civic Dr in the last 20 years aside from a new complex still under construction on the old Longs Drugs HQ site. Oak Rd is pretty apartment heavy but that's PH BART and most of it's been built out for at least 15 years with some smaller complexes here and there being built more recently.

PH BART has a lot more apartments within walking distance of BART than WC. But since the OP isn't commuting by BART I'm not sure how much that matters. I liked living within walking distance of PH BART but it's boring and very quiet in that area. For Walnut Creek there are just a lot more options over by the library/Walker Ave and Creekside than there are next to WC BART.

I never said within walking distance to BART. I said some apartments are within walking distance to downtown WC and those are desirable.

Maybe a little brush up on reading comprehension is in order?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I never said within walking distance to BART. I said some apartments are within walking distance to downtown WC and those are desirable.

Maybe a little brush up on reading comprehension is in order?

You said "Most of the apartments in WC are near its two BART stations..", that simply isn't true in the case of WC BART and I was just pointing that out. But I guess by "near" you meant within close DRIVING distance too. But then you followed up claiming a lot of apartments had been built on YV Rd, Civic, off Broadway, and on CA in the last 20 years, which again isn't true. But maybe by "a lot" you meant a handful of small complexes.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
You said "Most of the apartments in WC are near its two BART stations..", that simply isn't true in the case of WC BART and I was just pointing that out. But I guess by "near" you meant within close DRIVING distance too. But then you followed up claiming a lot of apartments had been built on YV Rd, Civic, off Broadway, and on CA in the last 20 years, which again isn't true. But maybe by "a lot" you meant a handful of small complexes.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning plus missed your medication?

By near, I mean by suburban standard of course. I have no idea why you think "near" must mean walking distance, and somehow your misunderstanding is my fault.

I never said a lot of complexes were built within the last twenty years; yes I said twenty years, and I meant that if you go back far enough, maybe what you claimed would have been true. I said "maybe" because I wasn't sure if I got the twenty year thing right and I didn't think it was important and it isn't. I only knew the streets I mentioned are filled with apartments. When they were built is of no importance to this discussion. Again, I'm sure you'll find some way to blame me for you misunderstanding for this one too. Actually I think you're dwelling on this "twenty year" thing because you got nothing else and you need to fault me for something. Whatever. Have at it.

Last edited by beb0p; 10-09-2013 at 03:04 PM..

Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning plus missed your medication?

By near, I mean by suburban standard of course. I have no idea why you think "near" must mean walking distance, and somehow your misunderstanding is my fault.

I never said a lot of complexes were built within the last twenty years; yes I said twenty years, and I meant that if you go back far enough, maybe what you claimed would have been true. I said "maybe" because I wasn't sure if I got the twenty year thing right and I didn't think it was important and it isn't. I only knew the streets I mentioned are filled with apartments. When they were built is of no importance to this discussion. Again, I'm sure you'll find some way to blame me for you misunderstanding for this one too. Actually I think you're dwelling on this "twenty year" thing because you got nothing else and you need to fault me for something. Carry on then. Have at it.

I clearly indicated I must have misunderstood by what you meant by "near" and "a lot" and I clarified that. So I'm not sure where you got this idea I was faulting you for that, speaking of reading comprehension...

I was just pointing out where the majority of apartments are in Walnut Creek so it helps focus on areas to look.

Also FYI there are very few apartments on Ygancio and literally one complex (way above the OP's price range too) on all of CA Blvd. Those streets are almost all commercial/offices But I agree about Oak Rd and off of Broadway downtown.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I clearly indicated I must have misunderstood by what you meant by "near" and "a lot" and I clarified that. So I'm not sure where you got this idea I was faulting you for that, speaking of reading comprehension...

I was just pointing out where the majority of apartments are in Walnut Creek so it helps focus on areas to look.

Alright, then color me over sensitive.

And most of the apartments are not in Creekside, but closer to the BARTs.

Quote:

Also FYI there are very few apartments on Ygancio and literally one complex (way above the OP's price range too) on all of CA Blvd. Those streets are almost all commercial/offices But I agree about Oak Rd and off of Broadway downtown.

Yes, exactly. There are a few apartments on Ygnacio, which is why I suggested it. Again, the tone of your post, you sound as if you disagree about Ygnacio, but it's equivocal.

There are more near CA Blvd between Olympic and Botelho, that is within the OP's price range. But if you want to be specific, it's S. CA Blvd, not N. CA Blvd.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 PM

163 posts, read 273,431 times
I'm also searching for a one bedroom in WC. You do have options for 1700, but if you're picky about amenities and more so, location - - 1700 doesn't give you much.

Creekside is a bit shady from what I've been told. I'm not even considering anything on that area. Nope.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Rent in WC. It's safe and there are a lot of fun places to go downtown. Commuting sucks in the Bay Area. You're lucky your job is in a nice area. Then, when you feel like exploring, go out of town, outside of commute hours. Berkeley is fun, for instance. Lots to do. Lots of art, entertainment. But, don't discount Walnut Creek, either.

Really no bad areas in WC that I know of, either. You can always check out the crime map/statistic websites to decide.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 PM

588 posts, read 1,319,612 times
Walnut Creek is the place to be if you want restaurants and shopping. Don't commute, live there. It's on the direct Bart line into Oakland and SF. It's a great place to live and not bad for couples considering it's a suburb. The only other place that you might consider is Oakland rockridge area within 20 min, but even then, some choose walnut creek over Rockridge. Walnut Creek is actually just that good of a place.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 AM

675 posts, read 1,190,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
Walnut Creek is the place to be if you want restaurants and shopping. Don't commute, live there. It's on the direct Bart line into Oakland and SF. It's a great place to live and not bad for couples considering it's a suburb. The only other place that you might consider is Oakland rockridge area within 20 min, but even then, some choose walnut creek over Rockridge. Walnut Creek is actually just that good of a place.
I have to agree, I lived in Walnut Creek from 1999-2006, and loved every second of it. Just a beautiful place, and the convenience factor is just amazing (tons of stores, restaurants). If you live near the BART, but also near Downtown WC, you can walk everywhere. I had an apartment 3 blocks from BART and 3 blocks from downtown WC. Can't wait to move back someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland