Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 AM

719 posts, read 987,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
As for the original question, have you considered San Diego? Still about 55-45 "red"
I have heard San Diego is beautiful, but it's just a bit too warm for either of us. I know San Francisco doesn't experience 'real' winters (at least in the sense that it receives frequent snow), but there's probably more of a seasonal change than in SD.

Nothing against San Diego, by the way. It's just not physically what we're looking for.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
As for the original question, have you considered San Diego? Still about 55-45 "red"
Not at all anymore. If you go by the last presidential election, 52.7% voted democrat vs 45.2% republican. 2008 had an even slightly larger vote (54.3%) for Obama. There are slightly more registered democrats (35.2%) than republicans (33.8%) today in SD County. But I agree they would be more likely to fit in there as it's very moderate and much more politically diverse than here.

At first I thought the OP was serious but now it does kind of seem like they are on their soapbox spouting off. If the OP is actually serious I agree with what some others said about avoiding SF, Oakland, and Berkeley overall. Lot of suburban areas like the East Bay and Solano County you'll fit it, I see anti-Obama/left wing bumper stickers every now and then. The whole 680 corridor would be a good area to look at it, it's pretty moderate overall to down right "conservative" by Bay Area standards.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 AM

719 posts, read 987,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Don Draper View Post
Go away troll. Take your misguided right-wing rants to the political form. You most definitely are trying to start a political debate.
I was poked, and I poked back. Grow a bit thicker skin. Arguably 50% of the country doesn't care for the president. I am not in some dramatic minority.

Quote:
You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you?
Ah, so I call Obama -- a man who is no close, personal friend of yours -- a sociopath and out come the personal attacks? By all means, please, do fly your true stripes a little higher.

Quote:
You're an outspoken Republican and are asking if you'll fit in in the Bay Area?
I have a Jesus fish on my car and vote conservative. I don't picket, don't rally, and don't attend party events. I'm not sure how an object on my bumper professing my faith has turned me into an 'outspoken Republican.'

Quote:
Why not look into towns in Tennessee, West Virginia, Arkansas, Alabama, Texas, South Carolina?
Maybe because I don't want to live in those places? Huh. What a thought.

Your opinions have been duly noted. But know this: should I choose to move to the bay area, you can't keep me away. We occupy this country together. Somehow, in some way, we are going to have to learn to stop hating each other so much, or there will be war. And if you think I'm being some kind of a nutball by warning of that, then you need to look a little harder at our nation's history. If two sides hate each other -- truly hate one another (and it seems very clear that you hate me) -- and reach a point where they can no longer come together on anything; cannot even tolerate being in the same room together, conflict follows. You don't even know me and you're telling me I'm unwelcome in a region of 7 million plus people?

Wow.

Well, thankfully it's not up to you.

Last edited by PrincessoftheCape; 10-21-2013 at 02:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland