Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 AM

61 posts, read 114,448 times

Advertisements

Reading all the post here I'm seeing conflicting post. some people are saying you need a car in the bay area some people are saying you don't. I'm moving to walnut creek in less than 10 days and haven't attempted to look for a job yet. I have been in the automobile business for about 10 years nowaabI have sold everything from Kia to Mercedes Benz. A how is the car business out there and B what type of vehicles do people mostly buy out there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 AM

1,380 posts, read 2,397,529 times
Walnut Creek is suburban. There are people everywhere who mamage without cars, but most people would need them out there. BART does go out thar way, but it's not like there's a stop on every corner. If you must go without a car, make sure you live near your job and a grocery store. Those two spots are absolutely critical!

Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
I've worked in the automotive dealership industry for nearly 15 years. There are tons of dealerships throughout the entire Bay Area and honestly, you should have no trouble finding a job. Often times, people post on this forum about how hard it is to land a job after moving here. The automotive industry is different and I'd think you'd have so many choices of dealers to work at out here that it wouldn't be much of an issue.

I do think you'll need a car though. Good luck!

Old 12-29-2013, 04:12 PM

61 posts, read 114,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
I've worked in the automotive dealership industry for nearly 15 years. There are tons of dealerships throughout the entire Bay Area and honestly, you should have no trouble finding a job. Often times, people post on this forum about how hard it is to land a job after moving here. The automotive industry is different and I'd think you'd have so many choices of dealers to work at out here that it wouldn't be much of an issue.

I do think you'll need a car though. Good luck!
thank you. I see there is a couple of dealership in walnut creek in gonna try there first any suggestions on which dealerships to stay away from. and I do have a car. I have a chevy Silverado that I'll probably get rid of when I get it there cause off the gas

Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,135,780 times
Most of the car dealerships in the Bay Area are not really close to BART stations, so you will likely need a car to get to work. I believe Walnut Creek has bus service, but I'm not sure how good it is. I'd tend to think it is more geared toward commuters getting from residential areas to the BART station, as WC is a prototypical affluent suburb/bedroom community, but I may be underestimating it. That said, the car business is strong in the Bay Area, particularly in the East Bay, within easy commuting distance of Walnut Creek. You should do well here.

Good luck and welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland