Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times

Advertisements

Okay, what about Santa Clara, Sunnyvale? Good, safe towns, along Cal-train route?

Here's a Craigslist search for 2 bdrms max $2200 rent, with the search term "cal train" in south bay:

SF bay area apts/housing for rent classifieds "cal train" - craigslist

I just moved from Santa Clara. Great town, safe, good schools, etc. The Caltrain station is by Santa Clara University.

Same parameters above for the peninsula:

I know Mountain View would be great, I'm not familiar with the other towns that popped up. Also heard good things about San Mateo. But, you'd have to get feedback from others for particulars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 01:57 AM

833 posts, read 1,198,731 times
As with every time I have to go with Alameda, Castro Valley. Hayward isn't as bad as they say it is IMO. And is very affordable.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,900 times
If your ok with renting an apartment, look into Belmont and Millbrae. You will be able to find a 2-bedroom within your price range. Both cities are nice family friendly safe places to live, close to CalTrain (and Bart), and have very good schools.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 PM

7 posts, read 12,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Okay, what about Santa Clara, Sunnyvale? Good, safe towns, along Cal-train route?

Here's a Craigslist search for 2 bdrms max $2200 rent, with the search term "cal train" in south bay:

I just moved from Santa Clara. Great town, safe, good schools, etc. The Caltrain station is by Santa Clara University.

Same parameters above for the peninsula:

I know Mountain View would be great, I'm not familiar with the other towns that popped up. Also heard good things about San Mateo. But, you'd have to get feedback from others for particulars.
Thanks. We wish we could move to Santa Clara but it is still further away from fremont so it will increase the commute time not decrease. Same witn Mountain view. Thanks for the links and feedback

Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 PM

83 posts, read 279,131 times
no question....move to Belvedere, CA Great for family, kids, schools top notch.

Look no further.....Belvedere all the way!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:24 AM

11 posts, read 25,820 times
Does he work somewhere in SF that he can take BART? If so, you can look along Bart lines over to East Bay (Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Lamorinda, Danville, etc) as those are all nice family friendly places.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:58 AM

104 posts, read 190,291 times
East Bay - Piedmont, Albany. Marin - Mill Valley, Tiburon, Larkspur, Belvedere. Peninsula - Burlingame, San Mateo, Hillsborough, Belmont, Millbrae. Those would be my picks. Basically these cities are close to SF, have good schools, and are outside the "fog belt". Add in SF proper, Berkeley, Oakland hills if private school is an option. If fog isn't an issue, add in Pacifica and San Bruno. $2200 won't get you much in most of these cities, if anything at all.

BART and CalTrain are great but unfortunately are not teleportation services, thus proximity to SF is key to a shorter commute, as the OP has discovered.

Last edited by funtimessf; 01-17-2014 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM

163 posts, read 502,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer778 View Post
no question....move to Belvedere, CA Great for family, kids, schools top notch.

Look no further.....Belvedere all the way!!!!!!!!
For $2,200 a month? Don't think that's gonna happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland