Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM

18,977 posts, read 32,535,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Where you wouldn't raise a child is irrelevant to the OP. He or she is moving there. So, if you want to chime in, simply know that the OP has a budget to adhere to and if you want to be helpful and you know Vallejo (or Fairfield, which I'd also recommend, OP - better schools and affordable housing in slightly better neighborhoods) so well, instead offer neighborhood suggestions that might actually be relevant to someone that has already decided where they're moving. Just a thought. Instead what you chose to do was make a snarky, holier-than-thou one-liner that did nothing for them. Good job.

And it has nothing to do with me "liking" the ghetto or "crappy" cities. I just know what is and isn't ghetto or crappy and I actually go there and find some of it to be quite nice. Some places get ugly reputations solely because people like you generalize far too much. Some of it sucks, sure, but some of it doesn't. One of the most gorgeous views I've seen in the Bay Area was from the backyard of a gorgeous home in a safe neighborhood in Glen Cove that had panoramic views of the mountains, the Carquinez Strait, and was less than $200,000. It doesn't have to be for everyone, but that's the kind of value I could get excited about as a consumer.

My favorite coffee shop in the Bay Area? In Vallejo.

One of the best blues/jazz venues in the Bay Area? In Vallejo.
Well they asked for opinions about the area and I offered one that was related to their situation. I just don't think you liked it, as with any negative opinion of Vallejo, so you shot back with some snappy irrelevant comment yourself. So now not liking a city and having a bad opinion of it "holier-than-thou"? Could you be more dramatic and defensive about one sentence?

I did offer a neighborhood suggestion which was not to live in Vallejo. I didn't want to go into details why really as it's fairly obvious and god knows how even more defensive you would have gotten from that.

Well you seem to have affinity for crapper, lower-tier Bay Area cites and get all defensive when some knocks them. Sure some areas can be nice and the city has some redeeming qualities as is with pretty much any decent sized city but the community as a whole is pretty bad in comparison. But like I said, to each there own, some people don't mind those types of places as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 04:40 PM

45 posts, read 64,877 times
Alot of it is a bad area. i live across the freeway from there and there are some nice areas with nothing but blue collar hardworking people but there is alot of crime there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland