Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 12:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I consider the perfectly cool summer temperatures to be the absolute number one best advantage of San Francisco!
Bliss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:31 AM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I've lived in all three places, SF, London and currently in NYC.

While the weather in SF isn't as bad as the other two, it's nothing to write home about either. Cold, foggy summers and temperate Winters. I like to feel proper weather - proper heat and proper cold. In SF it never gets really warm and a big disadvantage in my eyes was not being able to enjoy the evenings. It cools down so much in the evenings you can't sit out in it without a coat. I like to be able to enjoy proper balmy summer evening where you can sit out in your shirt sleeves. Could never do that in SF.
Me too. Admittedly, San Francisco isn't quite as cold as it was during the summer when I was growing up here. But I'd personally enjoy the type of temperatures you see further down the Peninsula or in the East Bay. The microclimates are only convenient if you happen to work in that area or don't mind making a trip out there. But most aren't going to trek out 7 to 10 miles on a daily basis just to get better weather. As I've gotten older, I find a warmer summer climate more desirable. Others don't like that. To each their own.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:52 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
After yesterday's verdict how would any sane person want to live here?

Old 12-01-2017, 06:19 AM

342 posts, read 318,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
After yesterday's verdict how would any sane person want to live here?
Sad. There is something seriously wrong with California's justice system. I feel bad for the father who witnessed seeing his daughter shot and killed by a felon with a stolen gun. Even if it was an accident that person possessed a loaded stolen gun. I can't believe I agree with Trump on this one.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:01 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey340 View Post
Sad. There is something seriously wrong with California's justice system. I feel bad for the father who witnessed seeing his daughter shot and killed by a felon with a stolen gun. Even if it was an accident that person possessed a loaded stolen gun. I can't believe I agree with Trump on this one.
How do you feel when innocent, unarmed black men and boys get shot by police for just being black? This happens quite regularly. Where's the outrage?

Injustice happens every single day all around the country--this isn't a just California thing. It's a United States thing.

That being said, we have a system--it's imperfect for sure, whether you agree with the verdict in this case or not. This case of course, has has been highly politicized to begin with for political gain as a selling point for some 21 billion dollar wall.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:11 AM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
How do you feel when innocent, unarmed black men and boys get shot by police for just being black? This happens quite regularly. Where's the outrage?

Injustice happens every single day all around the country--this isn't a just California thing. It's a United States thing.

That being said, we have a system--it's imperfect for sure, whether you agree with the verdict in this case or not. This case of course, has has been highly politicized to begin with for political gain as a selling point for some 21 billion dollar wall.
A dodge, Non Sequitur, and a Straw Man all rolled up into one. Nice Job!

Old 12-01-2017, 10:04 AM

186 posts, read 243,199 times
Quote:

Most of the innocent blacks are getting shot by other blacks. So it’s ok for an illegal to shoot and NOT be charged with murder? what a disgrace your city is.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiegal View Post
Most of the innocent blacks are getting shot by other blacks. So it’s ok for an illegal to shoot and NOT be charged with murder? what a disgrace your city is.
...So you're not bothered by police from Any city, USA shooting innocent, unarmed people?

I didn't actually comment on the verdict of the Kate Steinle case, btw. I'm discussing the travesty in justice in our COUNTRY which isn't specific to San Francisco.

The outrage should be against ALL injustice.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 AM

342 posts, read 318,438 times
Quote:

I am outraged when innocent and unarmed people regardless are race are shot. There's no excuse for that, and the public should demand accountability peacefully.

I want to also clarify my Trump comment, which I should have left out. I meant that I agree with him on this particular case (Kate Steinle murder) that this was an injustice. Again, I should never have mentioned Trump since that causes all kinds of reactions.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey340 View Post
I am outraged when innocent and unarmed people regardless are race are shot. There's no excuse for that, and the public should demand accountability peacefully.

I want to also clarify my Trump comment, which I should have left out. I meant that I agree with him on this particular case (Kate Steinle murder) that this was an injustice. Again, I should never have mentioned Trump since that causes all kinds of reactions.
I understand. I am not at peace with this verdict either. I just wanted to make the point that the injustice has nothing to do with San Francisco specifically. We, as citizens should not be allowed to be more outraged or frustrated than the Steinle family and people directly affected by this tragedy-- an interview with them is published today in the Chronicle.

They, have not politicized this issue at all regarding sanctuary cities--that would solely be the doings of Trump/Fox news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland