Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:19 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL sorry the Beach Boys days are long gone.

Haha this says more about where you hang out than anything else.

If a person hung around certain areas of LA too long, they might think that the prison gang look was the norm.
Ok well I was born and raised in LA and every single one of my friends was too. There's lots of blonde hair blue eyed native Angelenos. Come to the South Bay and see for yourself. Better yet, don't. Save it for the locals. It's the only part of LA not overtaken by transplants. And for the most part, the locals are much more attractive than the transplants.

And actually I live in the Richmond, work in the FiDi, and party on Polk and in the Marina, SoMa, and Mission. I'd say that's quite a few parts of the city covered. I'll admit that generally the most attractive people I know come from the peninsula and walnut creek. Sometimes Napa and Santa Rosa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 07:38 AM

238 posts, read 302,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2Yuppie View Post
Beauty:
110-130 pounds
Without makeup, means you have natural clean skin. Rare to find, since most girls put on buckets of makeup on.

Race:
All races are equally pretty: Asian, Latina, White Brunettes, etc.
Well except one which is rare to find and beats the others: A Naturally Blonde Blue Eyed or Red Hair Blue Eyed of Euro descent. But they don't exist in California, they're just myth and legends.

Lets be serious here, you'll never be as good looking as you were in your 20's. Unless you were a tub of lard, then ya you'll look better in your later years if you hit the gym.

For guys:
I dont know, I'm guessing girls want 6-pack, don't have to have a super-model face so long as they have money and physically fit.

My Beef:
What's with all the hipsters in San Fran who wear thrift clothing, yet pay like $4k for rent? Is this considered good looking? Maybe I'm just accustomed to bikini's and bodybuilder guys walking the streets after they hit the gym. Even when you go to cold climates like Quebec or Moscow, the women are HOT and wear skirts and high-heels when its 0-degrees.
wow. get back to me in 15 years when you realize how ridiculous you sound here.

Last edited by comingbacktocali; 05-08-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2Yuppie View Post
Beauty:
110-130 pounds
Without makeup, means you have natural clean skin. Rare to find, since most girls put on buckets of makeup on.
Actually, it's quite common around the Bay Area to not wear makeup. You must not be from there. Or was you post intended as sarcasm? The whole thing reads like some kind of comedy piece.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Ok well I was born and raised in LA and every single one of my friends was too. There's lots of blonde hair blue eyed native Angelenos. Come to the South Bay and see for yourself. Better yet, don't. Save it for the locals. It's the only part of LA not overtaken by transplants. And for the most part, the locals are much more attractive than the transplants.

And actually I live in the Richmond, work in the FiDi, and party on Polk and in the Marina, SoMa, and Mission. I'd say that's quite a few parts of the city covered. I'll admit that generally the most attractive people I know come from the peninsula and walnut creek. Sometimes Napa and Santa Rosa.
Omheavens ur posting that blued eyed blondes are like an only-in-LA phenomenon and thats clearly hogwash as the Bay Area is whiter btw.

Nowhere in SoCal is as blonde as Marin County.

Also, that appears to be the standard u hold up for beauty/hotness which is not really everyone's cup of tea.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Omheavens ur posting that blued eyed blondes are like an only-in-LA phenomenon and thats clearly hogwash as the Bay Area is whiter btw.

Orange County defnintely is, probably more so than anywhere else in Ca imo. Go to an Angels game and it looks like the Real Housewives and Village of the Damned lol.

Quote:
Also, that appears to be the standard u hold up for beauty/hotness which is not really everyone's cup of tea.
Agreed, I'll take the darker features (hair, skin tone, etc..) and exotic look over that blond, blue-eye all-American look pretty much anytime.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:04 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
LOL@ the real housewives.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:41 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Orange County defnintely is, probably more so than anywhere else in Ca imo. Go to an Angels game and it looks like the Real Housewives and Village of the Damned lol.

Agreed, I'll take the darker features (hair, skin tone, etc..) and exotic look over that blond, blue-eye all-American look pretty much anytime.
Quote:

You're saying the surfer Beach Boys days are long gone. I'm saying they're not. I never said it was an LA only thing. Now you're putting words in my mouth. The Bay Area is not whiter. They're about even. The Bay Area has more Asians and Indians, while the majority of the minorities in LA are Latino. Still about the same amount of whiteness, with LA having more. SF=52.5% vs LA=55.1% (from Wiki).

And Marin being whiter/blonder than anywhere in SoCal? You CLEARLY have not been to South OC. Everyone looks, or strives to look like, the Real Housewives of OC. The coastal regions of the South Bay are very white. I'm from there and can say from first-hand experience. Manhattan Beach is a prime example.

And actually, I never brought up that look as a standard of beauty--new2yuppie did. I'm actually not attracted to MOST bl/blu people. I prefer the Southern Euro/Mediterranean look (Spanish, Italian, Israeli, Egyptian, etc.) or lighter Hispanics (Argentinian, Brazilian, Colombian, Mexican).

If you really want to get down to it, I think Miami has the most attractive people in the US, followed by San Diego.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Hunters Point.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
100% accurate. "Beautiful" has a different meaning in SF than in SoCal. Some considered an 8-10 in SF is probably around a 5-7 in LA at best.
Women in the bay are mostly 49ers.

Looks like a 4, but has a diva complex of a 9.

That's why I married a So Cal girl. Down there an 8 thinks she is a 6 and acts like it.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Women in the bay are mostly 49ers.

Looks like a 4, but has a diva complex of a 9..
It sounds like you don't like the down-to-earth women around the Bay. If you did, you wouldn't have any trouble finding them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland