U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM

7 posts, read 6,426 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, nice talking to you

I'm a person in China and I will travel to Bay area with my fiancee, I would like to have our wedding photography to be done during our stay in SF or SJ, because I like the beautiful sceneris there and they may can give us different feelings of the wedding photographies from the photos we took in China.

But now I have several questions and would like to get a basic understanding, really appreciate anyone who sees this post can give me some info.

1. How about the wedding photography fee? I mean regular fee because if it's too expensive then it's beyond my plan.
2. I heard of the phrase "engagement photography" in the U.S, and don't understand what it means because in China, we seldom hire photographers to take photos on the day couple is engaged, couples doesn't request as well as photographers don't have this kind of business. But it looks like "engagement photograhy" is popular in the U.S,this is different from "wedding photograhy", right? Must couple take engagement photos on the day they are engaged or it can be done after the engagement? Do photographers confirm the places to take the engagement photos or couple tells them where they want to take photos and photographers?
3. Can anybody leave me some photographers' websites or blogs which you recommend then I can visit for reference.

Thanks again and sincerely wish I can get your response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM

I take my own sofa~~

Old 06-11-2014, 05:25 PM

434 posts, read 811,958 times
You might start by looking over Yelp reviews for local wedding photographers:

Affordable wedding photography San Francisco, CA

while bearing in mind how easy it is to post reviews that are fake.

Next, you can research tips for hiring wedding photographers, like those given at:

Top Ten Things to Know When Hiring a Wedding Photographer

And finally, you can ask specific questions of those who know wedding photography on the forum at photo.net:

Wedding Photography and social events forum from Photo.net

Good luck!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Vagabond View Post
You might start by looking over Yelp reviews for local wedding photographers:

Affordable wedding photography San Francisco, CA

while bearing in mind how easy it is to post reviews that are fake.

Next, you can research tips for hiring wedding photographers, like those given at:

Top Ten Things to Know When Hiring a Wedding Photographer

And finally, you can ask specific questions of those who know wedding photography on the forum at photo.net:

Wedding Photography and social events forum from Photo.net

Good luck!
Thanks a lot, I'll see what I can get

Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 AM

Is there anyone else can give me more info, really appreciate~~

Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 5,259 times
I used to go to this website for wedding planning.
San Francisco wedding vendors - Plan your California wedding on Weddingbee

Engagement photos are more casual photos of the couple after they are engaged. It does not have to happen the day you get engaged.
Good luck!

Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 PM

399 posts, read 332,214 times
Michael, I don't have specific link for you, as I was married over 15 years ago. I did get married in San Francisco, so I had experience hiring photographer. Let me provide you with some general advice.

I really cannot provide any pricing to you, since I'm sure prices have increased dramatically in past 15 years. But note that pricing for photographer can vary greatly depending on their skill/quality. It can be anywhere from many hundreds for someone starting out to several thousand for quality, experienced photographer.

You are probably interested in hiring a photographer that go out with you on location. The good news for you is that if you hire the photographer during weekdays, instead of Saturdays or Sundays when weddings take place, you can negotiate better rate.

Since you are on a trip, you won't have your wedding dress with you. American photographers usually don't bother with clothing; wedding couples take care of that separately. But there are several Chinese photography studios that also provide dress for both man and woman. So you probably can narrow down your selection quickly based on whether they offer wedding dress. And best to pick larger company because they will have more selection and sizes.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakelly View Post
I used to go to this website for wedding planning.
San Francisco wedding vendors - Plan your California wedding on Weddingbee

Engagement photos are more casual photos of the couple after they are engaged. It does not have to happen the day you get engaged.
Good luck!
Thanks, now I understand, this is quite different from what we have here, couple seldom take engagement photos after they are engaged, but I always like watching the engagement photos from pinterest.com, casual but really sweet

Old 06-21-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88cal View Post
Michael, I don't have specific link for you, as I was married over 15 years ago. I did get married in San Francisco, so I had experience hiring photographer. Let me provide you with some general advice.

I really cannot provide any pricing to you, since I'm sure prices have increased dramatically in past 15 years. But note that pricing for photographer can vary greatly depending on their skill/quality. It can be anywhere from many hundreds for someone starting out to several thousand for quality, experienced photographer.

You are probably interested in hiring a photographer that go out with you on location. The good news for you is that if you hire the photographer during weekdays, instead of Saturdays or Sundays when weddings take place, you can negotiate better rate.

Since you are on a trip, you won't have your wedding dress with you. American photographers usually don't bother with clothing; wedding couples take care of that separately. But there are several Chinese photography studios that also provide dress for both man and woman. So you probably can narrow down your selection quickly based on whether they offer wedding dress. And best to pick larger company because they will have more selection and sizes.

Good luck.
Really appreciate your advice, experience is a treasure

According to what you said about the wedding dress, I think I can prepare it in China and bring it with us.

Looking forward to taking different wedding photos in America, especially in Bay Area, because I went to SF and SJ 3 years ago, I love there~~

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland