Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 01:36 PM

9 posts, read 27,021 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are possibly relocating to SF and want some adivce. My husband will be working in SF and we have heard the traffic can make his commute up to two hours (east to west)...Is that true? And second, why are there not a lot of places that allow pets in California? We are originally from Denver and now live in San Diego (where they do not allow dogs in any housing). I've been looking in SF and it seems to be the same there as well. Lastly, we can afford 2400 dollars per month, but do not want to be stuck in major traffic everyday. What areas would you suggest for use to look?

Thanks for your comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM

40 posts, read 111,432 times
I am running into the same issue with finding housing in SF. I am moving from Denver where dogs are everywhere! A law was just passed to allow dogs on patios in Cherry Creek with their owners. I saw a lot of dogs along the beach in SF...must be homeowners as opposed to renters.

There has to be something somewhere, 'cause I'm not leaving him behind!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 PM

48 posts, read 260,942 times
Go on Craigslist and search for housing and check the dog box. Dogs are allowed in many places with an extra deposit. San Francisco is primarily renters, not owners, so they're allowed. If you want to move to Foster City, about 22 miles south of San Francisco, there are several large and newer apartment complexes that do allow pets but they have size restrictions.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM

9 posts, read 27,021 times
Thank you... I have a large dog so it is difficult. It is the same in San Diego, you see dogs all over (dog beach and there are tons of dog parks), but no one will let you rent an apartment with a dog. In Denver is was hard to find a place to live that did not accept large dogs...I guess that is the beauty of moving.
Where are decent areas to live without sitting in traffic for hours if you have to work in San Francisco? I heard that living in Fremont and surrounding areas come with a huge traffic jam into the city on your way to and from work...Is that true.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:52 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
Fremont to San Francisco could certainly be up to two hours, no matter which bridge you use to get over to 101. It was raining today and it took me 45 minutes to drive from South San Francisco to Millbrae.. during the lunch hour. :O BUT, you can take the BART train which will get you there in under an hour.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,064 times
Here you go: $2400/mo, on the Bay, takes dogs, with an easy ferry commute to SF. Alameda is a great place to live, too.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/516214776.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland