Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 PM

212 posts, read 227,905 times

Advertisements

Ruth: Shouldn't most of the blame be put on those nations own governments for being corrupt?
if it was The USA's fault then why did we not abuse Canada in the same way.
they have a lot of resources we could pillage?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 PM

4,856 posts, read 7,568,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
Dport7674:
I don't know, Ive seen homeless with smartphones hanging out at Mcdonalds for the free wi-fi.

I hear that..I've seen some house-less people with nicer phones than me..But I think he's a fake. And if he's not, who cares?

I used to give a buck when asked, then those bucks started adding up to the point I could have used a couple bucks myself.

I'd much rather leave a bigger tip to the working poor than some 'homeless bum' who does nothing to help themselves. (There can be exceptions.)

Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 PM

212 posts, read 227,905 times
Dport7674: I hear you on that about giving good tips to the working poor.
That I don't mind doing at all and always give my server or barista 20% they work hard for that money.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:50 PM

102,060 posts, read 106,950,530 times
Quote:
Ruth: Shouldn't most of the blame be put on those nations own governments for being corrupt?
if it was The USA's fault then why did we not abuse Canada in the same way.
they have a lot of resources we could pillage?
hahaha, seriously? Do you think the US could launch a coup against the Canadian gov't? The US is, to some extent, abusing Canada the same way. The tar sands oil extraction project and other oil pipelines from Canada to the US are very controversial in Canada. The HydroQuebec energy project, which would have exported electricity to NY was extremely controversial. The Cree Indians of Quebec finally succeeded in stopping it, and their chief won an international prize for his environmentalism. Canada's in a stronger position to fight back and defend itself.

Read the book Bitter Fruit, about the US coup in Guatemala, and explain to me how you can blame the government for being corrupt. Many times the US has sent the Marines in to Central America to simply take over one or another country. What about the US installing Manuel Noriega in Panama, and supporting him, only to decide that he had become corrupt, and needed to be extradited and tried in the US? Often it's the leaders the US, itself, installs that turn out to be the ones who corrupt the government.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 PM

555 posts, read 799,620 times
Professor Pj:

"Portland sucked because I hate yuppies and hipsters! It's a second class city."

OK---I'll grant you that.

"Saw the Space needle, the bums, the pig statues in Pike Market...Seattle's prices were double...they have the rudest and worst mcds...it was another hellhole!

Yes, this is all true too.

However if you'd stayed longer, you would have seen that the 'homeless' are treated much better than anybody else in both cities. I haven't as much experience with Portland, but here in Seattle being homeless with an aggressive attitude and strong sense of entitlement and especially a militant attitude (haves vs. have-nots) is guaranteed to get you anything you want handed to you on a silver platter. Not only would you have an easier time of it here than SF, you could end up a local icon.

There are no 'anti-homeless' laws here being currently enforced; there are so many handouts---even during the Super Bowl, the Library set up a big screen so the bums could watch the game (I heard there was free popcorn). When bums don't get enough handouts, they even organize riots and the police stand guard over them and arrest anybody who tries to defend himself or his property. If you don't like riding the buses for free, you can get an old bus or trailer and camp out right in people's driveways---the police won't even bother you.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:28 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,296,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I feel great about mine and couldn't care less about your fabricated hardships.
Anyone ever mistake you for Ghandi?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM

628 posts, read 615,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Anyone ever mistake you for Ghandi?
Your spiel is almost as bad as the OP.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM

569 posts, read 775,505 times
Quote:
Dport7674:
help clean there act up and get them being a responsible citizen once again.
and if there to crazy and can't live in society, then they need to be institutionalized for there own and others good.
Is combining "they're", "their" and "there" into a single word another of your ideas to solve the world's problems?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 AM

628 posts, read 615,435 times
Quote:
I believe them both to be the same poster.
I concur. I wonder what it's like to be in such desperate need of attention...

Old 07-18-2014, 11:30 AM

21,591 posts, read 16,091,646 times
Quote:
I believe them both to be the same poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
I concur. I wonder what it's like to be in such desperate need of attention...
Example of what a person can devolve to when they can't afford a train set to play with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland