U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,987,613 times

Advertisements

Hey all, I was wondering how the safety is on Fillmore between Western Addition and Pacific Heights. I am looking at a place on O'Farrell. I have been to that area and it looked alright, but it feels like it could be a bit seedy. I know once you get to Pacific Heights it's nice, but are there any trouble spots walking from O'Farrell to Sacramento?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 03:09 PM

256 posts, read 1,303,319 times
Right around Ofarell and Geary it is a little seedy because your still pretty much in the western addition but after that it's not bad... even on fillmore in the western addition your fine.. When i was 16 I worked at Safeway and I would walk to the bus stop on Ellis & Fillmore to take the bus at 11 or 12 at night and never had any problems

Old 12-19-2007, 09:34 PM

2,575 posts, read 4,696,514 times
I had a friend, in her early 20s at the time, 4'11", and about 90 pounds, who lived at Steiner and Eddy, just a couple blocks from there, and she walked all over the place with no problems. I think the average 6-year-old could have taken her if they tried, she was so tiny. And walking toward Sacramento you're heading the safer direction.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 PM

6,570 posts, read 9,085,212 times
Sfgate

What's your takes on this?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:48 AM

256 posts, read 1,303,319 times
^^^ gang violence... as long as you dont live in any of the projects you will be fine MOST of the time. the fillmore/western addition is a strange place.... lots of history.... i would honestly say stay north of geary just to be completely safe

Old 12-20-2007, 01:46 PM

358 posts, read 1,812,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthebay View Post
^^^ gang violence... as long as you dont live in any of the projects you will be fine MOST of the time.
Yeah in that area I guess so.
For the city in general, over the last couple years, murders in the projects has significantly declined. The thing is murders everywhere else have skyrocketed. Very steep upward trend the last seven years
I dunno how many innocent bystanders get caught up, but in the Tenderloin this year an innocent bystander was killed in a gun battle involving +4 people.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM

25 posts, read 104,147 times
Default fillmore and eddy

I lived on Fillmore and Eddy for a few years and never had a problem. All hours of the night. Don't forget the police station is on the same corner. It really is a safe neighborhood with rich history and community!! I would go back in a minute if I didn't have a job in south bay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Hey all, I was wondering how the safety is on Fillmore between Western Addition and Pacific Heights. I am looking at a place on O'Farrell. I have been to that area and it looked alright, but it feels like it could be a bit seedy. I know once you get to Pacific Heights it's nice, but are there any trouble spots walking from O'Farrell to Sacramento?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland