Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:17 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
But put together two engineers, or a financier and a nurse.. and there you go.

And yes, interventional radiologists commonly make $500K+. It is a cutting edge and highly specialized field.

Not right out of school.

And like others have posted, if you're making that kind of money, you surely have better resources at your disposal than a place like city-data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 01:26 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times
I did some research and find that the first year median salary for that job is $335,000. Sutter Tracy may be small but they have many locations and can probably afford to pay that much even in a smaller setting.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Not many engineers make $200k+ unless they are very very senior!

Old 08-13-2014, 01:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Someone is smart enough to be a doctor making $430,000 a year, yet they need to ask people on the Internet whether Tracy is better for nightlife than San Francisco...

Ah, yes... Go for Tracy.

Last edited by Deezus; 08-13-2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:

And yes, interventional radiologists commonly make $500K+. It is a cutting edge and highly specialized field.
We are talking one salary, not two. Obviously 500k among two full-time wage earners is more common.

I admit I know nothing about radiologists, but I am going to guess you're wrong, esp. for right out of school and in Tracy, CA. Because if they're paying that straight out of school, then with experience they're all making seven figures, when median salary for doctors is like 150k. You're really telling me that experienced radiologists make like 10 times the salary of the median doctor in the U.S?

And if you were really smart/lucky enough to be this .001% of people who are radiologists making this kind of money, you would really go on a random website and ask us doofuses whether Tracy is comparable to SF? What's next, Bakersfield or Manhattan?

Old 08-14-2014, 10:31 AM

833 posts, read 1,199,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
We are talking one salary, not two. Obviously 500k among two full-time wage earners is more common.

I admit I know nothing about radiologists, but I am going to guess you're wrong, esp. for right out of school and in Tracy, CA. Because if they're paying that straight out of school, then with experience they're all making seven figures, when median salary for doctors is like 150k. You're really telling me that experienced radiologists make like 10 times the salary of the median doctor in the U.S?

And if you were really smart/lucky enough to be this .001% of people who are radiologists making this kind of money, you would really go on a random website and ask us doofuses whether Tracy is comparable to SF? What's next, Bakersfield or Manhattan?
Well Bakersfield has a much better nightlife I've heard. Nothing like the smell of gunpowder at 2am

Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 PM

296 posts, read 625,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
stockton. You could easily get 2 dozen houses and have your own farms! One with meth and one with food. :d
lol!!

Old 08-22-2014, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

You aren't an MD. You know much about physician salaries and yet you come to berate me on untruthfulness? The size of the hospital doesn't matter. Rural/small hospitals pay more than their urban counterparts due to decreased labor pool.

The reason I asked for this is because personal opinions may give more insight about a location than a realtor or a graph.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deselection View Post
You aren't an MD. You know much about physician salaries and yet you come to berate me on untruthfulness?
Well, if you're really so incredibly lucky to be making 500k right out of school (which no one even makes close to at a top-tier hedge fund first year out of Harvard or Stanford or Columbia Business School), and want to live in Tracy, have fun! I'm sure you'll fit right in with the meth dealers and exurban slum dwellers.

At your salary, you can buy the whole neighborhood, if you prefer.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 PM

7 posts, read 13,032 times
I know this thread is old, but curious OP what you ended up deciding?

And not for nothing, but places like Tracy, Manteca, and Stockton are desperate for physicians right now. I do not have a hard time at all believing that he was offered that salary. My husband is in the last year of a very specialized fellowship (he has 4 different board certifications) and will begin work as an attending physician in July 2016. Today he received a call from a recruiter looking for doctors in his field in Stockton and Manteca. The recruiter stated that they have already given up on hiring someone in 2015 and are now looking at the next crop of graduates. It is well known among fellows that the area is paying outrageous starting salaries because the shortage of specialty doctors there is a real problem right now.

Anywho, that is how I found this thread because the salaries being offered in this area are so appealing but still not sure if it is worth having to move my family there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland