Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 12:06 PM

822 posts, read 1,280,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninamess View Post
LA sucks. if it burned to the ground, i'd throw a party.
Why don't you move to Detroit. It seems perfect for you. You can throw a party on Halloween and burn it to the ground like the other local hooligans there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 10:36 PM

6,409 posts, read 8,251,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
My friend name one thing i "made up".
Here's one: Oakland is 20 degrees colder than LA

LOL

Old 09-28-2014, 10:51 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,077,739 times
Quote:
but you guys still get hurt when i try comparing walnut creek to SFV, which is completely fair, but you guys dissmiss it so how can i put this?
Wtf are you talking about bro? SFV is more ghetto than Walnut Creek and it's hotter there than Walnut Creek. GTFO with your silly comparisons and stay in LA.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:56 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,077,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

LOL
Here's another one:

Piedmont being dangerous..... LOL!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 AM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
why not compare oakland to the richest areas of LA? you must be unfamiliar with LA to think that Beverly hills is the wealthiest. cities that come to mid are rolling hills, hidden hills, holmbly hills, bradbury, bel air, beverly glen, etc
Haha you are the one that( foolishly) tried to talk about Piedmont. That would be like me saying Bel Air is so ghetto( lmao)

And as far as educational attainment and income, the East Bay( Pop 2.6 million)beats LA County( Pop 10 million)quite handily actually. Oakland and its environs is actually wealthier than LA and its environs.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 AM

18,977 posts, read 32,531,418 times
Quote:
no, not comparable to Coastal socal, comparable to LA as a whole (which includes Valleys).
Again that's not what you said:
Quote:
That Fremont summer is what the coastal Socal beaches summers look like, and there are other beaches warmer than that (Long Beach, Seal beach, PVP, San Pedro, Willmington, laguna Beach, dana Point, San Clemente, etc) That east bay summer looks like a DT San Diego (a place that is considered to have the best weather in the country) summer (Average highs), the lows are way warmer in coastal SoCal.
But I guess you just flip flop on whatever fits your argument at the time..

Old 09-29-2014, 09:38 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,783,320 times
fight fight...internet fight!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:47 AM

18,977 posts, read 32,531,418 times
Quote:
LA Metro is OC, just like oakland is considered SF Bay Area, if anything OC should be more to LA than Oakland is to SF.
And Northern San Diego County is metro SD obviously, so by your logic the water is just as warm in SD as it is in LA/OC is it not?

I doubt very many people in OC really want to be considered part of LA. Also the time it takes for the majority of people in Oakland to get to downtown SF is much quicker than the majority of people in OC to get to downtown LA.

Quote:
really because the Northern OC beaches are the coldest in air temp, in all of Socal, SD hottest coastal Area is DTSD (75,77,76 in its 3 hottest months), 1 because of urban heat effect and 2 because it gets sheilding from point loma.

beaches that are warmer in LA /OC are Redondo, torrance, palos verdes estates, rancho palos verdes, san pedro, wilmington, long beach, seal beach, laguna beach, dana point, and san clemente.
So Northern OC beaches are the coldest yet you just listed, again, the most northern OC beach (Seal Beach) as one of the warmest? You make no sense at all.

As far as urban heat island effect and coastal shielding, what the hell do you think makes Long Beach so warm?

Wilmington? Are you serious, since when do they have a beach? Do you go swimming in the shipping channel there? lol. It doesn't even touch the open ocean.

Again take a look at where those temperatures are taken for places like Redondo, Torrance, Seal Beach, Laguna Beach, San Clemente. If you really think this temps are taken on the coast then you are once again contradicting your own arguments about the coastal weather in SoCal:

Average Weather for Laguna Beach, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

So you really think Laguna Beach, and San Clemente for that matter as these are the same temps, go between 80 and 60 in summer? REALLY?

Quote:
again santa monica temps are taken on a pier with no sheilding, no heat radiating from anywhere, and nothing absorbing heat to release at night ompared to San diego's recording place. if anything the temps would be warmer than 51 in winter and for sure 63 in summer (Santa Monica) thanks to heat buildings and asphalt absorb and then release at night.
SO WHAT? I'm aware of that and that has nothing to do with what I just said with regards to Santa Monica, but it's not surprising you would completely ignore my point. You're the one using Santa Monica as some example of how warm and frost free it is at night in coastal SoCal, then trying to dismiss now for summer temps. You keep flip flopping and moving the goal post to fit whatever argument you're trying to make and lost credibility. If you're going to use a weather station for your argument then stick with it instead of

Quote:
trust me, ive lived here most of my life, not within a mile of the ocean, but i worked for over 10 years right on the ocean.
That's nice but that doesn't change the fact that you keep flip flopping on your arguments and applying double standards. Try to use the SOMA pier when it's convenient then dismiss it when it's not. Try to talk about urban heat island and coastal shielding with downtown SD yet ignore it for Long Beach. Your arguments are all over the place and have no consistency whatsoever. You also seem to think there is a lot more variation in Coastal SoCal than there actually is.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:58 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,466,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

LOL
overall it is. 73 degrees summer in oakland compared to 97 F summers in SFV is more than 20 F, beaches in LA/OC are warmer than Oakland, the coolest easily being by 5 F and warmest by 10 F. there you go.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:00 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,466,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
Wtf are you talking about bro? SFV is more ghetto than Walnut Creek and it's hotter there than Walnut Creek. GTFO with your silly comparisons and stay in LA.
OH yeah Calabasas, Hidden Hills, and the northern side of hollywood hills are less exclsuive than walnut creek, ahahahahahaha. good joke.

why compare an area of 2 million people to a city of 60,000 people. Now that is a silly comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland